LegacyGT.com

09 LGT: Looking for 1st hand experience W/Whiteline bushings

As the title states I am looking for first hand experience with various Whiteline suspension upgrades. Thnaks in advance to anyone who takes the time to read through this post and respond. I did search, but I did not see anything that directly addressed this, although I would be the first to admit that I am not great with most tech...

Found this thread which discusses the same topic, and is informative. Looking for some first hand experience...

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/new-car-feel-277952p2.html?highlight=brakes

While looking for a clunking noise under a decompression to compression situation (ex. while driving off of a speed bump or steep driveway) I discovered the rear bushings for my front LCAs are both worn. I think this is to blame for the noise and also explains a vague steering feel when the car is pushed through corners of any speed.

History: The car is new to me within the last few months. It is my first Sub so I am getting use to it and I am learning what is normal and what is not. I have owned a variety of sporty cars in the past (06 Mazdaspeed6, 05 RX8 setup for STX, 11 MX5 set up for CS). The RX8 was bone stock when I picked it up in 06. I changed the suspension a few time over the 10 years I owned it finally settling on a set of Ohlins coil-overs. I only mention this because my LGT is on BC BR coilovers (installed by PO).

I am interested in installing a new set of Front LCA bushings and wondering how much vibration they will add.

https://whitelineperformance.com/collections/all/products/kca334-bushing-kit

I am also interested in the communities opinion of the roll center/bump steer kit?

https://whitelineperformance.com/collections/all/products/kca313-ball-joint

Edited by Navy Goat

i didn’t notice any significant increase in noise/vibration from white line LCA’s, definitely sharper all around. ball joint and sway bar end links can also make some clunky/clacky sounds when worn out.

For what its worth, I just replaced my WL LCA (adjustable) that failed after ~50K miles. They became extremely loud over bumps, turns, etc so they had to go. Sure I miss the tighter feeling but I don't know if I want to go back.

I wouldn't worry about the minimal NVH, they will make the car feel/handle better and you will quickly look past that.

You won't notice any added NVH with the bushings. It was a really nice upgrade from my 10 year old half-attached bushings. Part of me kinda wishes I went with the the all metal race version that Perrin offers.

KCA313 is borderline required with lowered cars. Makes the car feel much more stable on bumpy highways. Replacing the ball joints can be brutal on these old cars, so just plan accordingly.

There is also aftermarket rubber replacements that don't have the voids that the oem ones have. No idea of they are stronger but they seem to be as the control arm can't move around as much because there is no voids. Might be better long term also as the might not rip as easily as the oem, again because of no voids.

That's what I'm using as in this case the rubber might out last the polyurethane. Poly doesn't like to be twisted like it does in this location. It's much better in standard type bushing locations which is basically all of the other bushings.

there's also a factory Group N LCA bushing that might be a decent in between the stock mush and whiteline poly bushings.

Was pondering all of this myself and chose the WRX PN as it has lasted way longer than the original OBXT Rear LCA bushing. So this will be my second of these installed and third set on the car since new at 218K.

20204AG011

I may try some whiteline bushings at some point in the rear. I'm sure they are good parts.

But it's hard to beat OEM updated (model crossover) spec bushing for 34 bucks and change. Group N was much more from what I found and from my experience with the motor mounts would expect things to behind getting too rigid for a daily.

Was pondering all of this myself and chose the WRX PN as it has lasted way longer than the original OBXT Rear LCA bushing. So this will be my second of these installed and third set on the car since new at 218K.

20204AG011

I may try some whiteline bushings at some point in the rear. I'm sure they are good parts.

But it's hard to beat OEM updated (model crossover) spec bushing for 34 bucks and change. Group N was much more from what I found and from my experience with the motor mounts would expect things to behind getting too rigid for a daily.

Do you know if this will work with the Spec B suspension?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the responses.

Lots to think about. I think a stronger OEM style (rather than poly) would be ideal. No doubt Whiteline products are good. I'm just not sure the added stiffness and decreased lifespan would be worth the trade off.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I think yes. PN is 20204AG011. What was interesting is the WRX version of the from LCA bushing was unobtainiuum. So I just ordered another OEM OBXT unit. Ordered these from Heuberger last week. Dropped yesterday.

Have some of those in stock as well. Looking at options to press out the Movetech bushings and use OEM WRX Rear LCA and OBXT front LCA bushings. OEM ball joint ready to replace as well.

If we can't press these bushings out I'll try the Movetech bushings for a while with OEM ball joint.

• 3 years later...
Hi, I have a 08 LGT, I have order, MEvotech Aluminum control arm,Energy swaybar bushing, balljoint, endlink, new struts and teins lowering spring. I will install that in the next week. I will keep you update about that if I see difference, I hope so :lol::lol:

So how did it go?

• 4 weeks later...

Found after driving more with the Movetech LCA with Whiteline sway bars there is significant amount of noise over bumps at low speeds. Especially after a hard long rip.

The bushings are starting to deteriorate and just as suspected a stop gap until I put the new bushings in the old LCA. Went through an entire suspension refresh while putting these on.

Makes me more inclined to look at OEM options for bushings in the future.

I think longevity is the real downfall of the poly, the WhiteLine kit in my steering rack was blown out at less that 12,000 miles. WL was great about in and sent a replacements for free, but I drive 25K a year, who wants to do that job every 6 months. I'm running stock now.

I have a bunch of whiteline stuff on my LGT. Swaybars, LCA's and bushings mixed with kartboy endlinks. 15 yrs later, still going. I need to replace the balljoints, but I won't spend the money on WL'ing the car again. She's old, tired and ready for pasture.

Their parts have always fit well and performed.

Whiteline had some issues with the older yellow bushings. These were superceded by black bushings that appear to fix the old issues. The yellows I removed were ovaled and had LOTS of play.

I have replaced all bushings with the new blacks, definitely feel better for some reason.

Also getting ready to do the rear subframe and all arms/bushings. Those are all black as well, so they must have fixed something.