LegacyGT.com

HKS Dual Resonated Midpipe

Anybody ever run one of the HKS dual resonator midpipes? Was particularly interested in the effect of the helmholtz resonator on top of the long bottle-style resonator.

Here's a link to the specs: http://www.hks-power.co.jp/en/product_db/exhaust/db/11158

Currently running an OBX exhaust with a vibrant ultra quiet welded in. But with all the other exhaust (EL headers/up/down) its still pretty loud with a touch of drone in the low-3000's.

Have a baby on the way and wanting to get the wagon down to a reasonable level :cool:

62002951_hksmidpipe.jpg.1c415c5ecc22c1fbf0c210a78be5cf61.jpg

I don't have any experience with that specific pipe, but those helmoltz resonators work! I my exhaust on my other car has two, and it's perfect - it's loud when you're on it, and really quiet when you're off it. And this is on a G37, which tends to have drone issues similar to a wagon. If you're willing to spring for it, I'd say go for it. It would probably do what it's supposed to do.

• 2 years later...
Quick update: I've had this midpipe on the car for about a year and a half. It's definitely mellow, no rasp or drone. It's pretty quiet at idle, but definitely more substantial than stock and still loud enough to hear the car when you get into it. I have it mated to Fujitsubo Wagolis cans which are on the quieter side themselves. I put them on at the same time so can't compare it to what was on there before. Overall its a high quality piece. Mine sits a bit low but I think it could have gotten a little bent in shipping. I just replaced the center hanger with a pipe clamp and it tightened it up to the car. Not sure the Helmholtz resonator is much different than just having a 18" resonator but this setup is definitely smoooooth sounding. One of these days I'll get a video up.