LegacyGT.com

Rubbing/braking feeling when reversing ('13 3.6)

My 2013 3.6 5EAT has around 56k miles on it.

I have noticed when reversing from my driveway without accelerating I get a slight rubbing or braking feeling in the rear of the car. It happens only at one point when the tires make a full rotation, lets just say when the tire stem hits 12 o clock it "rubs". So as the tire rotates to "12" you get a light rub/slowing feeling. So the timing is consistent.

Fluids look good, rear diff is full, same with tranny. I can always drain and refill.

I did change my brakes/rotors a few months back. I did pull the brakes/calipers and inspected for any rocks that might have wedge into the braking system or anything loose. I probably should have pulled the rotors as well.

I am wondering if the park brake needs a slight adjustment? Any other thoughts?

My 2013 3.6 5EAT has around 56k miles on it.

I have noticed when reversing from my driveway without accelerating I get a slight rubbing or braking feeling in the rear of the car. It happens only at one point when the tires make a full rotation, lets just say when the tire stem hits 12 o clock it "rubs". So as the tire rotates to "12" you get a light rub/slowing feeling. So the timing is consistent.

Fluids look good, rear diff is full, same with tranny. I can always drain and refill.

I did change my brakes/rotors a few months back. I did pull the brakes/calipers and inspected for any rocks that might have wedge into the braking system or anything loose. I probably should have pulled the rotors as well.

I am wondering if the park brake needs a slight adjustment? Any other thoughts?

If it were me, the first thing I’d do is lift up the offending corner, take off the wheel, and look for anything obvious. After that, I’d loosen the upper caliper bolt and remove the bottom one, then swing the caliper up and out of the way. Then, I could spin it and check for binding. That’d work out if it’s something to do with the service brake — some interaction between the rotor and the pads, like the rotor being warped or having a high spot — or something further in. If that didn’t pan out, I’d take the caliper and bracket off and have a look inside. If the hub turns without binding, it’d have to be something with the parking brake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk