LegacyGT.com

Stock ride height?

Anyone know the stock ride height of the BE? My shocks are definitely going bad so I need to change them out soon. I was interested in coilovers but my car is at the lowest it could be to leave my driveway without scraping. Not sure if my shocks/springs are worn or if I have stock ride height. Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Over time the springs start to droop (I don’t know if that’s the correct word). My ‘93 Legend had stock springs and struts but at 280k Miles large bumps would sometimes fully load the springs. If you were to get coil-overs make sure the ride height is adjustable. I would do more research than that though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P.S. Mine is about the same, I figure since the rears have a lower spring rate they probably droop quicker. (This is all just my educated guess though)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea I've found some nice adjustable coilovers, but I don't want to drop $900 just so I can't leave my driveway lol

I'm thinking about getting Unity struts and putting H&R lowering springs. I need to change my shocks asap as I'm getting uneven tire tread wear

May be look into getting a free alignment check from a corporate place like les Schwab, discount tires, fire stone. See what or where you need adjustments then replace the struts if need be. They wouldn't really cause tire wear to be bad and you would get a baseline before lowering it since you have to get it aligned after.

Those places usually have a month of free adjustments to do you could get checked and somewhat aligned then come back lowered and be readjusted.

I mean I literally just had an alignment on Monday from pepboys, along with lifetime warranty and they told me my shocks were bad

I just looked through the owners manual and it tells me that stock height (ground clearance) is 6.1 inches. *Facepalm* now I gotta check my clearance when I get out of work

I suggest KYB struts with KYB top hats and new OEM coil spring insulators. If you can afford it get new OEM springs. Good coil overs cost more than 800$. Don't buy cheap coils.

Yea I was looking at BC racing coils, I just don't want to be stuck in my driveway lol.

Do you know if this set up will be stock height, or preferably a little lower than stock?

I suggest KYB struts with KYB top hats and new OEM coil spring insulators. If you can afford it get new OEM springs. Good coil overs cost more than 800$. Don't buy cheap coils.

Do you know if this set up will be stock height, or preferably a little lower than stock?

It will give you stock ride height. You can always swap out the spring for lowering springs. H&R gives you a 1.5in drop. But you might was bigger wheels so you don't have a hovercraft.

I have 18" wheels, but damn this is hard to find what I want/need

On BE Legacy, it's 6.1 inches, the BH Outback Wagon and BE SUS is 7.3 inches. It is measured from the ground to the lowest point, which I believe is the exhaust.

I was measuring from the center of the wheel hub to the top of the fender, I got 15" in front 13" in back

• 1 month later...

I got BC Racing Coilovers-BR series installed on my legacy. I adjusted them to be as low as possible to clear my driveway and are pretty comfortable, but definitely a more "sporty" ride than stock7a15b5b21c18bf54a57121a5f7835919.jpg

Only thing I don't like/is weird is that if I drive over bumps going highways speeds, it's like the wheels stay on the ground (good) but the cabin is floating and then suddenly is pulled to the ground. I'm not sure if this is a preload thing but I'll keep making adjustments and see if anything changes

Archived