LegacyGT.com

2014 Subaru Legacy 2.5i sport aftermarket stereo

I recently picked up a 2014 Subaru Legacy 2.5i sport. (first time buyer, hence the 2.5) and everything works great, including the stereo, just wanted something new and touchscreen, but I don't know where to look or what all i need to pick up to do the swap.

You need a dash kit, wiring harness, and antenna adapter (get the 18" version). Can't help you with a HU choice.

There are two options available for the dash kit, Metra 95-8903S/95-8903B and 95-8904B. The 8903 sets the bottom of the HU back from the front edge and will make it annoying to use a touch screen. The 8904 tilts the HU back and makes it flush. My suggestion is to go with the 95-8904B, but it requires using a saw to cut a plastic support bar out. It's not that big of a deal to do, but it's best that you know beforehand.

A popular cheap double din head unit is the Sony XAV-AX1000 - only $300 and has Apple CarPlay, built in USB and 3.5mm ports, and physical volume knob (!!). I had the XAV-AX100 in my 2.5i (basically the same head unit) and would highly recommend it.