LegacyGT.com

Stock VF52 tuning maps?

I recently upgraded my turbo to a VF52 from the stock VF40 and I'm getting power cut-off in 3rd gear. I'm using ecuflash and romraider with tactrix openport.

Does anyone have a stock rom for a ecu from a VF52 so I can compare the differences?

I have a 2006 Legacy GT Limited with a 5eat

I've been doing plenty of research and decided a vf52 would be best for me. I replaced all avcs lines and oil feed and drain to the replacement turbo. Sent an oil sample out and have been running on rotella t6 ever since replacing the turbo.

I found the stock turbo in a 2009 wrx was a vf52 and that's the map I'm really looking for. I know its a stock map, but I am only looking to utilize it for when I'm road tripping the car to bring up my gas mileage during the trip. I know being awd is the biggest killer in gas but anything I could potentially gain is worth a look.

You're out of luck. The VF-52 came stock on the '09~'13 WRX which has the smaller cylinder heads, which only showed up on the LGT in 2008, and a different intake. Therefore you cannot just port a stock WRX map to your car. You need a tuner. The good news is that this is a common build and many of us have tuned several.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Yeah if you keep driving it, AT ALL, without a tune you will probably be starting a build thread soon.

If you were selling it and told me you had dropped vf52 in it and drove it for even a couple days before getting a tune I would run from this car very fast.

WRX Maps are different then Legacy maps, they cannot be interchanged because they have very different motors. 09 WRX has dual AVCS (exhaust cam phasers), it also has TGV's that work all the time.

Your 06 has single AVCS (intake cam phasers only) and TGV's that stay open all the time (except cold start idle). TGV's make such a huge difference in tuning (because they restrict airflow), that you can't even use the 07+ Legacy GT maps as a comparison.

Don't expect much of any gas mileage gains from the turbo either. Especially with off the shelf tunes. I was getting around 30mpg on my VF46, Plopping in a 16G got me 28mpg. Only after hours of fine tuning did I finally start getting 30mpg again. Check out my Tuning for Fuel Economy thread, if you want to see what I've been doing to increase my gas mileage. Our 06 should be identical to my 05 stock tune wise and stock setup wise.

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

Archived