LegacyGT.com

And she is here :) - wobble?

Hi All

She just arrived :):wub: Yay! my first ever subary legacy GT 2.0T touring wagon!

I will be taking her for a spin shortly :cool:

One thing I have noticed on idle, not sure how to explain it, the car wobbles? almost like the engine is unbalanced and rocking the car left/right?

Is this normal? Ill do some more investigation tomorrow as I think the battery might be low.

RPMS are steady and not dipping or surging

Will investigate more once its day here tomorrow as I want to give it a full once over.... and first thing to do - clear these headlights!

817bcb00-f2a5-4a6e-ad67-63779f64df89-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

8035a707-b94a-4738-9f87-8468e301e377-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

a839ac9c-835e-4699-8e0a-f1210b191a43-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

a9fae189-6a3f-45df-9e58-ddaa8a99e1fb-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

4e196ec2-48c9-4830-8d05-d9fea4facdd4-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

e4e054dd-4ab3-446d-8c1c-7d63326cc482-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Congratulations but the steering wheel is on the wrong side.

What Moral said. I could be a coil or an injector. Look for cylinder misfire with a scanner.

We also drive one the "wrong" side :cool:

Thanks will check more today :p

Hi All

One thing I have noticed on idle, not sure how to explain it, the car wobbles? almost like the engine is unbalanced and rocking the car left/right?

Is this normal? Ill do some more investigation tomorrow as I think the battery might be low.

RPMS are steady and not dipping or surging

You have a faulty fuel injector if you are experiencing shaking at an idle and at a dead stop. You will need to wait til your ECU registers a misfire in one of your cylinders. At that point you will know which injector to replace unless you have a COBB accessport. If you have a COBB ap then you can monitor each of your cylinders. I have experienced this myself 3 times since having my LGT and all the time it's a fuel injector. Also make sure you use high octane gas 90+ as lower octane gas will plug your injectors if you are not careful.

Unlikely, but you could also have water in your gasoline. Don't know if you have drying agents (we call it dry gas), but if you can't isolate it with a code finder, or CAB, then you might want to look to your gasoline content.

And welcome to the site.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

You have a faulty fuel injector if you are experiencing shaking at an idle and at a dead stop. You will need to wait til your ECU registers a misfire in one of your cylinders. At that point you will know which injector to replace unless you have a COBB accessport. If you have a COBB ap then you can monitor each of your cylinders. I have experienced this myself 3 times since having my LGT and all the time it's a fuel injector. Also make sure you use high octane gas 90+ as lower octane gas will plug your injectors if you are not careful.

It's just as likely to be an ignition coil as an injector. Or it could be a spark plug, tight or burnt valve, cylinder damage, wiring problems, or any number of other problems.

Any scanner with live data will monitor misfires. You don't need an AP for this.

Injector fouling has nothing to do with octane rating.

So to give some feedback it hasnt happened since the first start on delivery. It was on a truck at an angle so might be that fluids that was all messed up?

Starts first time everytime now sitting absolutely still - no movement

Archived