LegacyGT.com

Humble Rumble's 2012 Legacy 3.6R Build Thread

Wanted to follow up on the VLEDs Triton V6 brake lights with the VLR6 Pro Resistors. I've had them installed for about a week and a half, and my dash light gremlins have completely vanished. Even my issue with occasional blinking TPMS has disappeared too! Snapped a pic of them installed so you can see just how easy this setup is to get together. You can see the base of the Triton in the upper left, next to the T-Connector, which goes to the bulb socket and to the resistor, which is adhered to the metal part of the body just in front of the taillights.

XmhVNEZ.jpg

Installed a gloss black lower grille garnish provided to me by user carpenterltd. Just a simple, pre-cut strip of vinyl, but I *love* the way it looks now. Such a subtle change but makes such a huge difference. Resembles the JDM S-Package front end a bit more now.

Also traded out the zip ties on my foglights for proper OEM hardware, and snapped some nice clear pics from the back side of the bumper for anyone with a 10-12 wanting to add them. Also included the part numbers for the speed nut and screw needed for the 10-12 installation, because they ARE actually different part numbers and hardware from the 13-14 install.

902510034 - Speed Nut

901000171 - Screw

xqc7v9K.jpg

9LWsF9m.jpg

x4N662P.thumb.jpg.102bd6fe6522fbe77149765810d29dd2.jpg

UETnQqo.thumb.jpg.5027bf2ae44a00c1f863835d84cd5ddf.jpg

H4YXOK8.thumb.jpg.0b70c2f102b76640d9293d8f679fbc5a.jpg

M00i0WV.thumb.jpg.bf173aafdf528cae55cd18a86d152b35.jpg

Installed a gloss black lower grille garnish provided to me by user carpenterltd. Just a simple, pre-cut strip of vinyl, but I *love* the way it looks now. Such a subtle change but makes such a huge difference. Resembles the JDM S-Package front end a bit more now.

Also traded out the zip ties on my foglights for proper OEM hardware, and snapped some nice clear pics from the back side of the bumper for anyone with a 10-12 wanting to add them. Also included the part numbers for the speed nut and screw needed for the 10-12 installation, because they ARE actually different part numbers and hardware from the 13-14 install.

902510034 - Speed Nut

901000171 - Screw

xqc7v9K.jpg

9LWsF9m.jpg

I like that strip!

• 3 weeks later...

Updates from yesterday:

-Sorted out front Koni clunk, center top-hat bolt was about a quarter turn loose

-Installed CKE SSP Deep purple 75 Durometer Rear Sway Bar Bushings, likely doing the fronts today or tomorrow

-Found rear right endlink was hand-loose, fully tightened

Car is back to riding wonderfully, and much quieter now that everything tightened up. Bushings are a nice improvement over stock, no NVH increase either.

YmvH5TM.jpg

Added Carbon Fiber EZ Lip with zinc brackets to improve the shape of the corners. Hated it before the brackets, love it after them. Looks a lot closer to a proper lip now than before the brackets, and I love the silver-black-silver contrast. Satisfied for $20 for the lip and $2.50 for the brackets.

gJufveE.thumb.jpg.9591dcdbf794722d45793e0c2fededb9.jpg

v1wUJ0P.thumb.jpg.2edcccafd59f371f8f0f51e99b184325.jpg

rj7ERk0.thumb.jpg.e1941636ca5383cbe62651ea72879ced.jpg

m12izwr.thumb.jpg.1c83dc4913ae5a8c845297918228e22c.jpg

sDQucWn.thumb.jpg.0cfef7b49c78f829c4c06fb1084d155b.jpg

Love that rear window spoiler. Do you mind sharing the link where u got It?

Check the very first post, listed under "Cosmetic - Exteior". There's a buy link right next to the item. :) I've been working on listing where to buy specific items where possible.

Lol sorry I didn't even notice those links. I scrolled right to the pictures. Just curious if you can measure the overall length of the spoiler for us 6th gen guys? I wonder if it will fit. If the length is right or pretty close I'll get one and be the test dummy

CKE SSP 75D Deep Purple Sway Bar Bushings installed in the fronts tonight. Really excellent upgrade, turn in feels really, really good now. Notice a bigger improvement from these bushings than I did from going from the 24mm sway bar to the 26mm sway bar.

OwDu9SG.png

Do you see any reason to go with the "high performance" 85D's, or would they be overkill?

Up to you honestly. I don't personally have extensive enough experience with upgraded bushings to comment on the difference between 75D and 85D.. I would think either is fine, though the listing for the 85D does mention possible NVH increase, but I believe it was RikGT that did the 85D bushings and said they're great as well, no increase in NVH or anything. Try messaging the seller, he's a Legacy/Outback owner as well (also an XRT guy iirc), and user "traildogck" that commented on the second page of this thread. He could tell you further.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the props Humble Rumble I am happy you are happy. I appreciate you posting feedback.

As to the 75d vs 85d question... The 85d are a hardness what we are all familar with when it comes to the aftermarket performance. Similar to WhiteLine, AVO, Energy Suspensions. When I 1st developed the products I was concerned about adding NVH to our family cars. The 75d was a performance target which ensures no harshness.

Then there were many users from the outback forum who purchased the 75d and responded with "I want more" As it turns out, the 2010-2014 and the 2015-2018 chassis are more isolated from road inputs than say the Gen4/Leggy. There have been no reports of unwanted NVH with the harder 85d.

The general consensus over there is go straight with the 85d. However, I think it can depend on some other car details. Choice of stock or rear sway bar upgrade. Use of your car, predominately loaded vs empty.

Feel free to PM or email me for specific advice.

My apologies to HR, thread Hijack Complete

CKE SSP product information and sales : chris.ckessp@gmail.com

• 3 weeks later...
Just curious if you can measure the overall length of the spoiler for us 6th gen guys? I wonder if it will fit. If the length is right or pretty close I'll get one and be the test dummy

Would you mind giving the length of the spoiler?

• 2 weeks later...
Would you mind giving the length of the spoiler?

A bit difficult to measure it while mounted with the curve of the roof, but I got roughly 46.5" mounted, so likely a touch longer. Might be worth it to message the seller and ask directly.

Upgraded my front sway bar links to Moog K750084 intended for 15+ WRX/STI. Nice and beefy compared to the stock ones. I like these because they eliminate the allen key end of the bolt so you can tighten the nut with just a box wrench.

iFlCglK.jpg

kJGaz31.jpg

qhv0sPu.jpg

Also bought the 5-piece DAMD clone side skirt and rear bumper extension kit thanks to a 20% off eBay coupon. Getting it in body color, should be here in a week or two, going to install right away. Plan to run the rear bumper extensions (already have the middle piece) until I save up to get the Gialla rear lip painted and mounted, then plan to dismount and remount the extensions onto the Gialla.

9qcUW7y.png

ym2UEAm.png

VAgCu36.png

yZD3AYH.png

Also, officially inquired on Raptor headers, since I've heard they're out until August. Figured I can scrounge up 300-400 by then no problem.

dude, just a heads up if they are color matching, add a coat of clear, they don't. Mine started losing paint after 2 weeks of use and that's when I realized there wasn't a clear coat... mine are all plast idipped now....

Will keep an eye out for that, but in their communication message about the color code, they did specifically say it would be clearcoated. I've got some on hand if they aren't coated.

bHffr7J.png

mine was the same... this is a pic if the side skirt right behind the front drivers wheel... and the passenger side.both have maybe 1000kms on them... don't want to depress you or maybe you'll get a better coat than mine.. but the paint on mime was thin.. and I got it from the same seller. 10e86b3a7cbfd8c76856848c5c1c271c.jpg431d6d4c2256eabeddcb85065e66fd7b.jpg

Hey thanks for the link really like that set plus his rear window wing just wished he had a front lip to so I could buy all of it together

Unfortunately, the front lip on the bronze car in that ad's pictures is a different manufacturer (Bayson R), and more unfortunately is discontinued. I've been after that front lip for 1.5+ years and finally got an answer a couple months ago that they will not be reproducing any more. :(

He has an eBay add with that lip as a jdm lip and wants like $1,100 for it

It was only $104.99, they add that extra $1000 to their listings to show that something is out of stock. I don't know why they haven't fully removed the listing yet, but I received this correspondence from Bayson last time I inquired.

Vn2WPMC.png