LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 5th gen today?? -V4

Finally installed this yesterday. Another one of my stash of parts finally installed. Gotta say tho, it doesn't seem to make as big of a difference on the GT as it did on the Fozz. In fact it was barely noticeable.

d31793985f1411c64dad43f2ebf8a202.jpg

And this damn thing came in today after 3 weeks of waiting for the black kit.

cea22557a25d49da22ec5756504ff535.jpg

Finally installed this yesterday. Another one of my stash of parts finally installed. Gotta say tho, it doesn't seem to make as big of a difference on the GT as it did on the Fozz. In fact it was barely noticeable.

d31793985f1411c64dad43f2ebf8a202.jpg

And this damn thing came in today after 3 weeks of waiting for the black kit.

cea22557a25d49da22ec5756504ff535.jpg

Might take you at your word and not get the steering dampener

Advice on the rear diff. You might need an impact wrench on the bottom side bolts, and the top two rear bolts are really cramped. I couldn't fit a short socket on the breaker bar between the spare tire buldge and nut to loosen. A ratcheting, pivoting box end wrench will be a life saver.

Might take you at your word and not get the steering dampener

Just to emphasize what GTEASER said, he mentioned it didn't make as much difference for his Forrester compared to his Legacy. This implies, and he has explicitly stated elsewhere (as has a few of us) that the lockdown makes a noticeable difference for the Legacy. And since it's one of the cheapest and easiest mods around, it's well worth doing if you'd like to tighten up the steering.

Dammit! I knew I should have been more specific about my statement. On a stock (mostly) Legacy, as on my mostly stock Forester, the lockdown will make a very noticeable difference. But like on my GT with the suspension upgrades and much wider wheels and tires, the improvement isn't as readily apparent because it is all stiffened up already, but there is still improvement.

Dammit! I knew I should have been more specific about my statement. On a stock (mostly) Legacy, as on my mostly stock Forester, the lockdown will make a very noticeable difference. But like on my GT with the suspension upgrades and much wider wheels and tires, the improvement isn't as readily apparent because it is all stiffened up already, but there is still improvement.
Maybe you didn't notice a difference because the rubber bushing in your car's steering shaft isn't broken in yet 🤣🤣🤣

Rolled up to 45k km (28k miles). Changed the previous fill Mag1 European Formula 5w30 with four and a bit liters of Mobil1 0w40. Following the old Subaru severe OCI of 3750 miles because conditions are pretty bad over here, hot humid and dusty.

Put in a new OE air filter as well.

Also doing brake fluid, will be putting in Bendix DOT 4.

Thank you for reminding me that I want to try the Laile/BeatRush VA STI rear strut brace. More stuff for me to blow paychecks on. :lol:

That one does look pretty decently flush, definitely a fair shout better than the Cusco one that stands about 2-4 inches off the floor.

Edited by Humble Rumble

Installed Prothane 16-1610-BL diff bushing insert kit today. I don't know what y'all were complaining about on this install, it took me right about 1 hour and had no issues at all with getting a 17mm box end on the rear bolts, even without removing exhaust.26427bf6a4b46ddbc6933dfcaaa43b3a.jpg86ad5636f659175ee842bfcdeb63b21b.jpg8e246530515e5637d7d7e9cddf367014.jpg56d216160ecd7871b95dc4c3bec1783c.jpgf24840e7aca5c4c479c36aaabe1aafc2.jpg81200f09368d84886b59044b33e7da7a.jpgd1f2e71b8608cf10454dce0960c2bf70.jpg Edited by GTEASER

Might depend on the wrench- I couldn't get quite enough of the box end onto the nut to feel comfortable that I wouldn't break the wrench if I hit it with a rubber mallet, so I threaded a socket and a breaker bar in there. A wrench with a little higher offset would probably be about perfect.

Might depend on the wrench- I couldn't get quite enough of the box end onto the nut to feel comfortable that I wouldn't break the wrench if I hit it with a rubber mallet, so I threaded a socket and a breaker bar in there. A wrench with a little higher offset would probably be about perfect.
I believe that is what I did as well. It didn't take me very long to do. And I was doing the subframe inserts at the same time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Installed Prothane 16-1610-BL diff bushing insert kit today. I don't know what y'all were complaining about on this install, it took me right about 1 hour and had no issues at all with getting a 17mm box end on the rear bolts, even without removing exhaust.

So the real question is, could you tell a difference?

So the real question is, could you tell a difference?
Hell yes, between this and the HardRace front motor mount, drivetrain lash has almost completely disappeared. What little is left, which isn't much, can now be remedied with the Group N tranny mount. On/off throttle is now instant, and smoother, and shifts are smoother as well. And putting the power down on the go fast pedal makes the car hook up hard. This is one of those mods that make me kick myself for not doing sooner, especially given the miniscule investment.

When I installed this on my Fozz with an automatic transmission, and even noticed a difference with the slushbox, I knew immediately it had to be done on the GT because it would drastically improve the 6MT experience. It didn't let me down.

Hell yes, between this and the HardRace front motor mount, drivetrain lash has almost completely disappeared. What little is left, which isn't much, can now be remedied with the Group N tranny mount. On/off throttle is now instant, and smoother, and shifts are smoother as well. And putting the power down on the go fast pedal makes the car hook up hard. This is one of those mods that make me kick myself for not doing sooner, especially given the miniscule investment.

When I installed this on my Fozz with an automatic transmission, and even noticed a difference with the slushbox, I knew immediately it had to be done on the GT because it would drastically improve the 6MT experience. It didn't let me down.

This has been a paid endorsement from Prothane. :lol: