LegacyGT.com

low boost - 6psi or so?

might be getting my car back on Monday (they said the engine is sorted, but they forgot to do the brake recall, so that's happening Monday)

It appears to have been a timing issue. Haven't got a whole lot of detail, but the service dept. texted that they checked the timing and now it's working properly... maybe one of the cams was off? I'll get more details on Monday when I (hopefully...) pick up the car. Sort of crazy if it's this simple - they said they had checked it before... I don't know. Perhaps last time they assumed the timing couldn't be off as it would throw a code, but maybe if only one cam is off the engine can handle it until higher rpms?

They had it for several days at the beginning of July, then have had it since the 23rd, so almost 4 weeks...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's back and it's boosting per normal!!! woo hoo!

But... they don't know why. They checked timing, and after doing that everything was fine - the timing was all correct. I have a long laundry list of things they evaluated (all sorts of leak checks, compression, leakdown, etc.), datalogging they did, etc. - everything kept coming back normal, but the car was going into limp mode. Best guess is that a connector or something wasn't mated properly or had crud in it, and in the process of disassembling and reassembling everything, they unknowingly fixed whatever was messed up. Definitely not a satisfying answer, but I suppose the end result is what matters.

Had the parking brake recall done - the new part is definitely a lot quieter in the cabin then the old one was. (not sure why - I believe the recall was for electronic issues, but maybe mine was wearing out? who knows. it works!)

• 6 months later...
what is normal boost for a br9?

do you know which connectors they played with?

I have a defi boost gauge connected,i think its reading manifold pressure im seeing peak of 8/9 psi.

Stock is about 8 psi in gears 1 and 2 and aeound 12 peak in other gears.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...