LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your Outback today? V3

Eh. vibrations are better than low compression :spin:

True. The new Ford ranger has some pretty killer lease options so that might be the winner until they release the Bronco. Everyone that knows me well knows that I've been waiting for years for it. Had a mint 78 I probably shouldn't have sold but got an offer I couldn't refuse. As they say everything is for sale

Got a quote for fixing rust around the windshield - $2,200!

I guess that's what I get for buying that has lived back East and had someone shitty replace the windshield before I got it.

Still cheaper than a new car payment.

My outback has been down for the past month or two so with a bad starter. Tomorrow its going to the shop for a replacement, along with a new clutch and a wheel bearing replacement. I've been focusing on my other two vehicles, but now the Subaru needs more attention. Project car life, glad at least one is ready to drive at any given time Edited by funkycharms

I dunno. That $299 Alfa Giulia lease deal is tempting. I know there's too much cash down and it won't come out to $299 after taxes, but I love 2 year leases. Just long enough to get bored and walk away. Short enough not to have to replace tires. Just a couple oil changes...

Not a wagon though.

Funny note we drove past a Fiat 124 wagon this weekend. Hadn't seen one on the road for ages.

We traveled as a family of four from Norcal to Indiana in '79 in a 124 coupe. We called it Tony. Tony would not start in the winter. Tony needed work every year. Tony's electronics were flaky, hit a bump and the lights go dark, hit another and the come back on. Tony was sold in Illinois before moving back to Cali. Was the car I learned to drive stick.

Apparently Jeep has some good offers for the new Gladiator on leases. Going to look tomorrow and see what numbers we come up with. Maybe this will hold me over until the Bronco is realeased. Otherwise the Ranger has the lead.

I grew up as a kid in an Alpha Romeo from 0-7. My grandpa was used to drive like 180km/h on the French freeways back in the 80s :hide:.

Maybe that's why I have a soft spot for the Giulia.

Also, I forgot to add that we welcomed our 3rd kid almost 3 weeks ago. It is a girl, and her middle name is, wait for it, Giulia :spin:. I like it.

And yeah, all three kids fit in the outback believe it or not! 0/3/6 year old.

And on topic, am about to install 400 lbs/in Eibach rear springs :eek:. Sick of the squat on acceleration as well as excessive sag when doing long road trips.

I want to thank dukeneverwinter for his help in figuring out the part lists.

Well replaced the passenger side axle again with an OEM one from another junkyard pull. All the shakes are down by about 80-90%. Now it's pulling to the right. Oh and I managed to pick up another nail I noticed when I took off the wheel. SMH

Freak. Was changing the oring between the intercooler and turbo. Then went ahead and checked the hose fitment on the bypass valve. tightened the small hose clamp I added on it. And bam, broke the nipple :mad:. Wonder if it had hairline cracks in the first place though...

Anyway, had to buy a new bypass valve..

You can probably gently and patiently press on the sunroof window until it closes. Just have a look at the mechanism first and see if anything is stuck in the rails. Mine does not work. I opened it once and could not close it. Had to do it by hand.

Installed 400 lb/in 2.5" Eibach springs in the rear with sleeves and stuff combined with the BTS shocks. Very happy with the outcome so far. Was still able to maintain 450mm (17.7") ride height too. Did have to add 2" ADF heavy duty spacers though.

I am assuming new bushings? I have never changed these bushings. But I have noticed that both of our cars have a clunking noise felt through the steering column in a slow, tight, and bumpy turn. Would this be due to worn out tie rod end bushings?

List is Moog endlinks, Movetek lower control arms, New Subaru ball joints, Subaru adapter for the ball joints, Upper strut mount, KYB struts with stock 224K springs and LGT brakes front and rear. Not changed were the Moog sway bar end links on the whiteline front and rear sway bars. Also have the AVO rear sway bar support.

May make it through this winter on these Pilots so looking forward to new rubber next summer... Time to start shopping for wheels. Would like to go 18" but don't have to. Not planning on lowering the car.

After having confirmed and being 99% sure I do not have any vacuum leaks, I went ahead and put my 'tuner hat' to adjust my MAF scaling so as to achieve close to 0% long term fuel trims. Man, it is actually really easy to do. In my first iteration, I am almost at 0% already.

Also been working on my wastegate duty cycle to help me get to my boost targets. Almost there!

Ended up putting new tires on. Michelin Energy Saver A/S 235/55r17 on the stockers. Little bigger but they ride wayyyy smoother than the toyos I had on previously.

Brand new, mount balance installed for 100$. Gotta love it when your brother in law works parts department at a dealer and gets take offs on the reg.

Today I installed passenger side front cv axle from Raxles.com. Good price and great customer service. I set and angle finder on the hub at suspension droop before disassembly to allow me to get back to the same camber settings.

Also, I removed the (dealer installed?) invisible bra. It had started lifting on the hood and was trapping debris and rain water. After some research I went with Stoners bug and tar remover to remove the adhesive residue. Worked very well. Next will be pull front bumper and remove headlights to clear up lenses and clean out the evaporator core fins.

Discovered an oil leak near the oil return flange on the turbo. FSM shows a gasket at that flange. Anybody know what that gasket material is? I have a few options in the shop to make one. With it dripping onto the factory downpipe, I would like to get it fixed quickly.

Any advice is appreciated.