LegacyGT.com

Radio resets in COLD weather.

wurkenman

I tried to search and came up blank. I have a problem with my wife's 2007 2.5i. When the temps get down to zero or under the stock radio in her car spits out any CD that may be in the radio and ALL of the station presets go away. Anyone else experience this? Doesn't really hurt anything, just annoying. Thought about getting another one off Ebay or something to replace it, but thought I would ask here first.

Terry

If you woke up today, you have another chance to do it right.

Its the battery. They begin doing what you are describing when they are on their way out. Some member's batteries have lasted a while, while some only last a couple years.

My advice is get a battery with more CCA's than the OEM battery. Example, Everstart Maxx is a stepup from their original line up. Slightly more expensive, but worth it in the end.

would the symptoms be happening at any particular time or are you talking about after being parked?

I'd start to investigate the battery for signs of age (as the others suggested).

Then continue along with fuses and wires ...

Finally if still no culprit is found, replacement it is

Pictures of my rides;

2001 Honda Civic LX 4dr old whip[/url]

Current Wagon

This has done this since we have owned the car 4+ years now. I will start by having the battery checked, but I have never had any cold start issues or any other problems. Just when it's very cold the radio does it's thing. Thanks everyone for the tips so far. Just throwing it out there to see if anyone else has had issues. Just a weird annoyance.

I've had the radio do that ... but the issue was the battery and its CCA (cold cranking amperes). It got too low over time and though it may/may not start the car, it would fluctuate the memory of the radio.

I'd be surprised if you are still on your oem battery - but then again, probably gets colder for me here (and the fact that I have too much off my battery).

Pictures of my rides;

2001 Honda Civic LX 4dr old whip[/url]

Current Wagon

Thanks, I am going to try the battery since yes I still have the OEM one in there.. Makes sense I guess that the CCA's would cause it. Might have just enough juice to start the car, but starving the electrical system for energy.

Archived