LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

DoctorDaveLGT, what was your complain about moving the SpecB across state lines? My middle one is looking for a NA Miata and of course RI being the smallest state all cars he finds are out of state. Back in the day the cars I bought from private party were either local or in CT so I would just slap one of my existing plates on them and rive them home (adding them on my insurance before the trip). But somehow I do not feel too great doing that and driving through 3-4 states. Renting UHaul with dolly is an option too but I am interested what made you upset about SpecB delivery. If you don't mind of course.

While I am on it, anyone selling an NA Miata with 5 speed and black interior, within 600-700 miles from 02892? Won't hussle over the price and willing to travel for a good car.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

I don’t know which state you are looking at buying the Miata in right now but I would look into a Trip Permit. In Oregon you can get one for 21 days to allow you to move a vehicle, get it ready to pass smog, or the like. It’s pretty cheap and you can do it online, except you need to do it a week before.

DoctorDaveLGT, what was your complain about moving the SpecB across state lines?

Oh boy. It was more of a random mess than anything. His dad's truck literally dropped the driveshaft on the highway about 1.5hrs into the trip, started raining as soon as he pulled in my driveway and didn't stop till we were done, 12hr day total turned into 20hrs. I'm only trying to spare him the memory by answering for him. There may be more I'm unaware of.

Sure, let me know in a year how that goes for you.:lol:

Well I may have scheduled the TSX for a remote reflash from a very highly regarded K24 tuner. But that doesn't involve additional parts sitting in the house sooooo :rolleyes:

DoctorDaveLGT, what was your complain about moving the SpecB across state lines? My middle one is looking for a NA Miata and of course RI being the smallest state all cars he finds are out of state. Back in the day the cars I bought from private party were either local or in CT so I would just slap one of my existing plates on them and rive them home (adding them on my insurance before the trip). But somehow I do not feel too great doing that and driving through 3-4 states. Renting UHaul with dolly is an option too but I am interested what made you upset about SpecB delivery. If you don't mind of course.

Oh boy. It was more of a random mess than anything. His dad's truck literally dropped the driveshaft on the highway about 1.5hrs into the trip, started raining as soon as he pulled in my driveway and didn't stop till we were done, 12hr day total turned into 20hrs. I'm only trying to spare him the memory by answering for him. There may be more I'm unaware of.

Yea, just a complete shit storm of bad luck events. I usually love trips like these and my Dad and I have done it a handful of times to different states for different cars/projects. I'll try to sum the weekend as concisely as possible so excuse the grammar.

1. Reserved Uhaul car trailer for Friday pick-up @ 7PM. They don't have it for whatever reason and had to scramble to find another and haul ass across town before they closed @ 8 PM.

2. Get on the road around 5:30ish AM. About 8AM on I70 just east of Springfield, OH my dad wants to piss on the side of the road (he's old) and while slowing down hear a loud whining sound, then some clunking, and then the rear end locks up as I bring it to a stop. Look back 50 yds and on the side of the road is the driveshaft. (see pic for reference)

3. No U-hauls within 30 miles open until 10AM. Get a tow to the nearest one with an available 1-way truck. Try to reserve it over the phone with a 90 yr old lady who couldn't figure anything out. Get off the phone and try to reserve it online....it gets snatched before I can finalize (happened in like 5 minutes).

4. Call a regional rep who says U-haul has zero 1-way trucks available in the entire state until like 7 PM. Decide to get towed to another U-haul, drop the truck, rent a domestic truck to go get the spec B and then rent another 1-way truck to get us home later.

5. Hook-up the trailer to the truck and get back on the road around 11:45AM, get to Booze's house and it starts raining pretty good. Try to wait it out for a bit, doesn't slow up, so load the car up in the rain.

6. Get back to the Sprinfield, OH u-haul. Drop the trailer, check-out that truck @ 10PM, try to check-in the other truck and it says my reservation was expired because 2 hrs later than scheduled. Call U-haul, wait time is 30 minutes @ 10PM (like dafuq? :confused:), get the reservation renewed, hook the trailer up to a 10ft box truck and get on the road a little after 11PM.

7. Get back at 2AM and the sound of the truck garage door banging over under-construction highway was plenty to keep us awake.

8. Unload the car Sunday morning and took the truck and trailer back to U-Haul. My dad's had a ~$1k tow to get his truck back to South Bend.

Had everything went smoothly we should have gotten the car and been back in my driveway by 7PM at the latest. I hope I never have to go through a series of events like that ever again. It was great meeting Eric and he was super accommodating with everything that went down. Enjoyed a couple of beers while waiting on the rain and getting the car loaded.

20200627_075927.thumb.jpg.bcfea37a856ee964e0be95284fce441e.jpg

While I am on it, anyone selling an NA Miata with 5 speed and black interior, within 600-700 miles from 02892? Won't hussle over the price and willing to travel for a good car.

It's very dependent what state you live in and what state you're buying the car from.

The last truck I bought was in GA and there was no way to get a transport tag in GA. WI wouldn't give me a transport tag either without a title. The guy I bought the truck from put one of those paper dealer plates on it, I drove it for a good 1,500 miles like that, not recommend though. I had the title, bill of sale and proof of insurance but I never got pulled over.

Putting a plate that's not registered to the correct car could potentially be even worse though, not sure I'd go that route.

My other truck I bought in Idaho and thankfully he left the plate on it.

My LGT was purchased in MA but between the time I purchased it and the time they rebuilt the motor I was able to get it registered. I don't recall what happened in the 50 miles it drove under its own power from the dealer the first time though.

Putting a plate that's not registered to the correct car could potentially be even worse though, not sure I'd go that route.

Definitely didn't happen to me, but in Florida this earns you a towing appointment, which will meet you where ever you happen to be pulled over (the onsite service is super convenient!) and take your motorcycle to the preferred impound lot. They will also want you to go to court if you didn't have your motorcycle license to operate said motorcycle with swapped plates. But chances are also high this was your first infraction of this level, and they'll drop everything except court fees if you just get your motorcycle license on the correct bike before the court date.

Or so I've heard.

Not my car (thank you Fluidampr), but my wife's Odyssey decided to shed the outer part of the crank pulley yesterday. That's gonna be fun to fix when I get the parts in.

We should make a 4th gen subforum where people post up problems they have with their Hondas to make the rest of us feel better about ourselves.

So, my next 5mt story. I did make a post in the 5mt failure sticky.

Yesterday getting onto the highway,attempted to down shift into 3rd and go to WOT. welllll...that didn't work. Shifter got stuck.

I was able to coast, with my foot on the clutch pedal to the overpass and stop in the shade. Called AAA, the flat bed was there under 30 minutes.

Hint, if the car breaks, stop somewhere on the highway, don't get off the highway. Doing that gives you priority because your not in a safe area.

Today I stopped by the Tranny Shop, they found worn shift forks. No other real issues. They'll replace those, bearings and synchro's.

I ordered a Southbend stage 2 Daily for the SMFW in the car, from THMotorsports a vendor on here.

Also ordered Energy Suspension tranny mount rubbers too.

I'll have them install the starter I pulled out and replaced with one from the auto parts store years ago. Last winter on some mornings it would make that noise after the engine started. I grease the original starter and its been in the shed since.

They'll check the clutch switch too, as ever now and then over the last 6 month's or so, when the engine is warm, on a restart, like getting gas, the starter would disengage before the engine started. I'd push the clutch in again and it would start normal.

I was hopping I could check the turbo for shaft play, but they pull the tranny without removing the DP.

Going to have them talk to local Driveshaft shops and see if they can make up a shaft with replaceable U joints. They OEM unit is only a few years old and its joints are notchy

Luckily the Spec B is ready to go and rides great. Boy that car is so much different then the wagon. LOL

Edited by Max Capacity

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Hi, just finished installing Whiteline 2 pt adj. 20mm RSB with AVO brackets and Strongflex sport bushings. Gives an amazing tight feel in the corners. However, I am looking to put in a short throw shifter and cannot find Kartboy for 08 Spec B. I don't want Cobb as not compatible with Perrin reverse lockout. Any ideas or used for sale??

i m sure i missed a lot of thing here , lack of time and laptop problem keep me away . if i didn t reply to you , sorry, hit me again !

here is a pic of my blue garbage can !

will update thread soon !!

IMG_6169.thumb.JPG.c83bcdf98a2a8b82b72623207cde8d29.JPG

We should make a 4th gen subforum where people post up problems they have with their Hondas to make the rest of us feel better about ourselves.

Speaking of Honda problems, got a call from my lady friend during work. She has had my old civic street parked in front of her house as she just got a 2012 accord to replace it. Well they both got totaled while parked, no one was in them, by a big Lexus suv.

a43d7ff35ebe51a4e24f58ab14ca2a20.jpg

a0f4594ed4a4ecfd5073424e5eed4e76.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speaking of Honda problems, got a call from my lady friend during work. She has had my old civic street parked in front of her house as she just got a 2012 accord to replace it. Well they both got totaled while parked, no one was in them, by a big Lexus suv.

a43d7ff35ebe51a4e24f58ab14ca2a20.jpg

a0f4594ed4a4ecfd5073424e5eed4e76.jpg

I'll think of this next time my LGT decides to return some form of dinosaur-based liquid to the earth.

I just found out about RWB today. Yea I'm late to the car scene. I can only find one picture of a wide body wagon. Has anyone here done a crazy wide body?

There's this. Not crazy wide, but might look good if painted to match. I have a hard time picturing it.

https://fenderist.com/flg019

Is this now the carnage of other garbage thread? My Silverado transmission died on Wednesday. It’s a 2 year old truck. Utter garbage. On the plus side I’ve been DDing my wagon. It’s been great!

Welp, my turn. RX-7 still isn't running. Surprise! No time? No money? One or the other.

Gex, you've been DDing the Gexmobile?! Do I need to take a trip up to Seattle for a possible sighting. I would love to see the car that inspired my wheel/tire set up. I'd also love to see a GT-Four. Maybe one day.

MILKRUN  - Click Here

I'll chime in! My supercharged G37 is burning so much oil (rings or valves, I don't really care), that I need to change out the plugs in 2 of the cylinders at every oil change. I'm planning a new engine, so I'm just riding this one out until it then. It keeps the OBXT dogmobile in heavy rotation for whenever I feel like going for a drive!

I'm liking this new pattern guys

Well I have one more to keep it going then.

The e30 shredded 4th on the way to the last rallycross. Drove it about another 30 miles. We drained it and the oil was black, a ton of metal on the plug, something that might be a gear tooth. Ran some oil through it. Gonna just run it at the next event and see if 1st and second hold up.

Sent payment for a 2019 STi steering rack off of NASIOC. The order from the online Subaru dealer was "cancelled" after about a week of sitting at "order submitted." They haven't refunded the charge on my card, so if that doesn't happen by Monday, I'll be cancelling the charge with my CC company instead.

Would have been a great day for some break-in driving :spin:

Sent payment for a 2019 STi steering rack off of NASIOC. The order from the online Subaru dealer was "cancelled" after about a week of sitting at "order submitted." They haven't refunded the charge on my card, so if that doesn't happen by Monday, I'll be cancelling the charge with my CC company instead.

Would have been a great day for some break-in driving :spin:

Not great news on the dealership path as my default plan will be to buy new for that upgrade. Was this a dealership other than Heuberger?

Back on topic, my wife's fx35 seats are continuing to rip and tear around the bottom cushion. Really junks up the vehicle.