LegacyGT.com

Need to see the hooked up wagons!!!!!!! Volume-2

SBT

Maybe it's the driveway angle, but methinks you need a bit more saggy butt spacer. I do too, to be fair. I mean, my car does.

I still had the stock wheels/snowtires in the back so that's partially it too. Traded my 19inch summer tires from my 5thgen for these. Tire is a 225/45 nitto motivos, sould get me through summer and up to next snow season. So far I can tell they're heavier in the steering wheel feel but I can throw it around more without loosing the backend. Not like my 2.5na has much balls to do that often anyway :lol:

wow, indeed it does. Wheel specs?

Thanks!

18x8.5 + 38 I think. tires that came with it are 235/45/18, too tall of profile for the height, rub too much. Switching to some 225/40/18's a friend of mine is getting rid of, that should help

It figures, the entire week after I mount my Dunlops it rains to the point of flooding. I put the Continentals back on tonight. Snagged this shot at a small lake by work. There's a boat launch and some small fishing piers under there somewhere!

33691874772_ae9db45a38_b.jpg

Edited by MTBwrench

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

@ MTB have you done any fender work yet?

Nope, haven't touched the bodywork a bit. I don't really rub at all with the 245/45 setup. Whereas I rub at specific steering angles and loaded up in the back with the stock setup. I still haven't driven it full of people yet. Between me and four of my friends we could easily add another 1,200lbs to any vehicle. :lol:

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

I know:(. The unfornate thing is the previous owner never had a key for the pin that holds in that extension. It's hit a few speed bumps when I first got it and taken a beating. I went to a locksmith and it's too rusted/salt/etc on the inside to have the tumblers align for him to pick it. Need a cutting wheel at this point, not sure how to go about it.

Did see a 2.5i wagon hauling a uhaul trailer yesterday so that gives me some confidence that if I get a little 12-14ft aluminum boat this summer I could tug it around. Access points to water here are easily accessible. If I lowered it on springs I think it would say too much and rub, whereas coils are bit firmer and I can turn to the hardest setting in the rear for occasions of me doing a slight tow with even a motorcycle or smaller type trailer.

• 1 month later...

I'm back, bitches.

Enkei PF01 18 x 7.5

BF Goodrich comp sport 2

Tien street basis coilovers

Hotchkis sways, rear mounts

Kartboys endlinks

Stoptech rotors

Hawk pads

Goodridge lines

Grimmspeed MCB

Megan Racing catback

CNT catless DP

Cobb boost unit

Deatschwerks fuel pump 300lph

Nakamichi double din, JBL speakers

PIAA twin tone

lots of other bits n bobs

IMG_4261.thumb.JPG.e129b20dc3846bf46a45e5e4461ed39e.JPG

Edited by DadSled

I'm back, bitches.

Enkei PF01 18 x 7.5

BF Goodrich comp sport 2

Tien street basis coilovers

Hotchkis sways, rear mounts

Kartboys endlinks

Stoptech rotors

Hawk pads

Goodridge lines

Grimmspeed MCB

Megan Racing catback

CNT catless DP

Cobb boost unit

Deatschwerks fuel pump 300lph

Nakamichi double din, JBL speakers

PIAA twin tone

lots of other bits n bobs

How are those Tiens? I've been wanting to try the Tien Flex Z.

How are those Tiens? I've been wanting to try the Tien Flex Z.

It's my first set up so I don't have much to compare to ...

Also my OEM shocks, tires and OEM wheels were so shot I feel like I'm driving on air. All the warnings about coilovers and going lower etc are lost on me since it feels waaaay better

That bein' said

I like. The main difference is incredibly better control and stability under really hard cornering and turns. Amazing. Comfort is agreeable. Bumps and whatnot are a mild jolt not bad. Recently drove a friends legGT on Bilsteins and I preferred that for ride quality but, very happy with Tiens

Hard to beat the Bilsteins for overall excellent handling and ride comfort. Just match them with a proper spring combination that can handle the Bil's superior dampening/control.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af38/stu-nami/RADWAGN/IMG_20170407_111400_zpsjqefquxo.jpg

Getting there. Swapped in some painted obx tails. Before getting flamed yes I upgraded the bulbs. Heads been turning to decide if I want to lower it or not next

How's that 2" hitch receiver extenions working for you? Presume you're not putting too much tongue/trailer weight on the 1.25" hitch. ;)

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -