LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 5th gen today?? -V4

Installed 19' WRX shifter.....wow....

Wow....one of the best mods available.

10/10 bang for the buck.

Special thanks to the enablers in the "What did you buy...." thread.

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

I can't remember, it this the standard shifter or the STS? Regardless, both are better.

sebastian, is it just that the cables are tighter, or is the throw better? what's the difference

The cables are not any tighter. The biggest difference is the springs that return it to center. Also, on the STS the rod is a bit longer at the bottom giving you more leverage and making the throws shorter.

With the stock shifter its seems like you can push it another 1/2" when in gear. The STS get rid most of this. (Shifter bushing gets rid of the rest).

You don't change the cables with the shifter.

I can't remember, it this the standard shifter or the STS? Regardless, both are better.
This is the standard 2019 short throw shifter. Not the STI...it's still night and day.

Feels so much tighter and so much smoother. The throws are indeed shorter than what I had, but the biggest improvement is the minimal play and crispness of the throws now

So happy I did this.

I watched the install videos 3 times so I breezed through the installation process (even though I snapped two bolts on my heatshield [emoji37]...gotta get that fixed today)

STI rsb....My first attempt was cut short due to what appeared to be rusty bolts...so I sprayed some WD40 and decided to go at this again with the impact drill....problem solved. Also changed the endlinks while I was down there.

Let's see if this does anything [emoji848]d20de5c1f918680eec374196ac988e86.jpg

"Catalytic converter concern code" during state inspection at Subaru. Any tips?

- Invidia downpipe installed (catted). What is the quietest aftermarket muffler option?

- Clutch damper deleted.

- Looking for good LED headlights. Getting tired of changing bulbs.

Went to pick up my car from the shop where It got the alignment and someone decided perform bodywork on it....with a Buick LeSaber

1b61ad7150edc36b7445c74216a1e297.jpg

ce460704bdee9531a4efdd8bb487f7bc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a feeling the insurance company will end up replacing the bumper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just hope whoever ends up painting a new bumper for you doesn't mismatch the color. I've been looking for a new car and I've spotted that mistake so many times, especially with the pictures online.

Oowww! After all that work! Sorry to see that Falcor.

Lucky it didnt reach the sheet metal though. But silver sucks to color match.

Yeah, silver is one of the worst to color match with basically nothing but flake in it. Sometimes to get it to blend they fade into the surrounding panels.

Falcor, was someone from the shop driving the Buick?

Yeah, silver is one of the worst to color match with basically nothing but flake in it. Sometimes to get it to blend they fade into the surrounding panels.

Falcor, was someone from the shop driving the Buick?

It was a customer. Found out it was a kid that just got his license and didn't want to tell his mom he hit someone. They have insurance thankfully. We have a great body shop that we took our last 2 hit and runs to. They are awesome and don't cut corners.

The last one was our 2016 Crosstrek. It was Crystal Black Silica and had metal flake in it. Even though it was a pretty good rear door ding, they repainted the entire side of the car. The one before that was a 2014 Tangerine Orange Pearl Crosstrek.

Got my first tank today...

IMG_8575.thumb.jpg.b7af782f5489afd7150b4489602ce0c3.jpg

I drove around for a bit to let the computer learn some things before giving it a little bit and even on the base tune I can tell the difference from 91 octane and I think I'm gonna like it.

Then after some running around I was heading home and got a check engine light, P0500 vehicle speed sensor A. I got this code a couple weeks ago and erased it, it stayed away till today.

I did just get the parking brake recall done shortly before this happened, so I will start with the rear speed sensors. I wasn't very impressed with their work. I had a rattle in the rear after taking it in for the recalls too. Sounded like it was in the door, but turned out to be a mounting bracket they didn't mount to the car because they broke the original bolt and just left it on the arm to rattle. I zipped it down with a tie because there wasn't anywhere else to go with it.

I won't be surprised to find a messed up sensor after stuff like that.

I'll tear into it tomorrow...

I did just get the parking brake recall done shortly before this happened, so I will start with the rear speed sensors. I wasn't very impressed with their work..

I hate taking the GT to the dealer. When they did the parking brake recall last year they scratched the center console. Thankfully they gave me a new replacement.....which I still have not installed.

Fixed my shifter after the welds broke on the VMS short shift adapter I installed (that was a 4 hour long nightmare). I was stuck in 6th about two miles from home on my friggin b-day. Decided to just YOLO it instead of paying for a tow. Had to start from a stop in 6th about 4 times to make it home. RIP new clutch.

I ended up turning the OEM shift lever into a ghetto BOOMBA shift plate. I ground the weld off the back of the bushing shaft and punched it out, drilled a new hole with the same spacing as the VMS adapter, then welded the shaft back in place. It honestly feels 10x better than the VMS anyway. Forgot to take a picture of it

IMAG0452.thumb.jpg.2cba6bbbaa75e14965ccbd56201bd285.jpg

Fixed my shifter after the welds broke on the VMS short shift adapter I installed (that was a 4 hour long nightmare). I was stuck in 6th about two miles from home on my friggin b-day. Decided to just YOLO it instead of paying for a tow. Had to start from a stop in 6th about 4 times to make it home. RIP new clutch.

I ended up turning the OEM shift lever into a ghetto BOOMBA shift plate. I ground the weld off the back of the bushing shaft and punched it out, drilled a new hole with the same spacing as the VMS adapter, then welded the shaft back in place. It honestly feels 10x better than the VMS anyway. Forgot to take a picture of it

Wow....I also bought a VMS on eBay for cheap....it broke during the install at the weld points as well, and the lockpin was stuck, couldn't get it off.

I had to JB weld it back together still attached to the transmission.

It's held up fine since mid March, car is my daily. I put 80kms a day on it.

No problems since.... I'm not recommending my solution as I had little options as the SSA was stuck on the tranny. But I must say, JB weld is some incredible stuff.