LegacyGT.com

Interested in a 2019 3.6R with 6k miles that’s a dealer loaner for sale

Do you guys think that the price of 24.8k is a good deal on a dealer loaner 3.6R 2019 with 5.8k miles? I am wanting to get back into the Legacy crowd. I used to have a 2015 legacy and now have a BRZ and while I do love how cute small sporty and good it handles, I’m getting really tired of manual and having zero interior space, I also want more comfort and “luxury” the 3.6R offers. I am a bit afraid of going back to legacy after having such good handling right now. One decent thing is the BRZ isn’t the fastest car so going to a 3.6R won’t feel much different I don’t think? Anyways I’m thinking of checking out that dealer car for sale soon. Should I stay away or is it no big deal that a ton of folks have driven it? Edited by Milkywitness

I don't have any experience with the BRZ... Yet....but I would say and long as you add a rear sway bar and strut bar you'll be pretty happy with the handling and the 3.6 definitely has the grunt down low. I'm biased because I already have a 2019 3.6R and I love it, but I'd say go for it. I can't comment on the price, but I can't imagine after that few miles it would be overly beat to shit....as long as it comes with a warranty it should be fine.

I went from a BRZ to a 2.5 Legacy. The BRZ isn't fast, so the thing I missed is the handling. Things I didn't miss were:

1. Premium Fuel costs (not really an issue at the moment though)

2. Hard Ride

3. Climbing in and out

I have a bad back, so the comfort of the Legacy was the reason I switched.

• 3 weeks later...
I just purchased a 2019 Legacy 3.6R with the moonroof/HK audio system package. 7K miles for $25,600. They gave me $8.9k for my 2013 Crosstrek Limited with 95k miles.

Your forum name looks familiar, are you Vinny?

You can prob get that down maybe try $23K -23.5K if you do some research (also depends on how much you have worked them down already and warrenty). I would recomend checking costco auto for the new price then if it is in your favor email your sales guy the comparison data you've gathered from other dealers, auto trader etc and request the lower price.

I did all my negoication via email outside the dealership, it was easy, low pressure and I got a smoken deal on my 2017 Legacy new off the lot. probably also helped I was in colorado and they sell a lottttaa subies out there.

That extra G or 2 will go a long way once you consider taxes, and your finance rate. plus you can throw it right back into the above mentioned mods (sway bars maybe some rims.. ehh, ehhh)

You can prob get that down maybe try $23K -23.5K if you do some research (also depends on how much you have worked them down already and warrenty). I would recomend checking costco auto for the new price then if it is in your favor email your sales guy the comparison data you've gathered from other dealers, auto trader etc and request the lower price.

I did all my negoication via email outside the dealership, it was easy, low pressure and I got a smoken deal on my 2017 Legacy new off the lot. probably also helped I was in colorado and they sell a lottttaa subies out there.

That extra G or 2 will go a long way once you consider taxes, and your finance rate. plus you can throw it right back into the above mentioned mods (sway bars maybe some rims.. ehh, ehhh)

Yeah probably got the good deal because of the changes to the 2018.. I still think the 3.6 Engine was one of the Best Subaru put out too bad they discontinued it..[emoji17][emoji17]

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Yeah probably got the good deal because of the changes to the 2018.. I still think the 3.6 Engine was one of the Best Subaru put out too bad they discontinued it..[emoji17][emoji17]

Wouldn't want to stand in the way of progress, would we???

Personally, I'd prefer they replaced the 3.6 with the legendary AMC 4.0 found in so many "bulletproof" 90's Jeeps. :p

Who wouldn't love dat long ass hood, yo!

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

• 1 year later...

That's why i traded in my '11 3.6R with 148k (just getting broken in) for a '19.

I just purchased a 2019 Legacy 3.6R with the moonroof/HK audio system package. 7K miles for $25,600. They gave me $8.9k for my 2013 Crosstrek Limited with 95k miles.

Sorry to say that my Legacy was plagued with issues. It has spent 7 weeks total at the dealer over the last year for electrical system issues including a TPMS light that would come on intermittently for months (five visits for 5 weeks total in the shop), steering wheel that would lock when starting requiring the car to be turned off and restarted to unlock the wheel (two visits for a total of three days in the shop), and lastly the factory alarm that would go off randomly for no reason at all (two visits that lasted for a total of two weeks in the shop).

Trading the car in today for a 2018 Buick Regal TourX. I still appreciate my last three Subaru vehicles including my wife's current 2019 Crosstrek Limited. But their dealer network in Massachusetts is comprised with a significant number of incompetent personnel from management down to the "technicians".

Sorry to hear that. We love both our 3.6Rs and it sucks you didn't get the optimal experience.

Thanks. It is really disappointing because I really do love the car. The 3.6 motor, ride, passenger/cargo capacity, interior, sound system and looks are great. If it was mechanical issues it would be a different story, but electrical issues, one after another in a consistent pattern, is a giant red flag for me. Yesterday the passenger side front window motor stopped working completely. Neither the master switch or the door switch work. I will take delivery of my new car on Tuesday and cannot wait to be rid of this Legacy.

I imagine the original owner had same electrical issues. It seems like this car should have returned under the lemon law.

The car was previously a service loaner for the dealership that sold it to me. If they knew about these issues then they should be held responsible and SOA should intervene.

Interestingly, the passenger front window is now working normally from both switches without any outside diagnosis or intervention. This thing is haunted.

Electric problems are the worst - as it was a loaner, some one could have done something stupid such jumping someone else and connecting the terminals backwards.

I recently watched a YOUTUBE video were someone bought a car (a MR2 I believe) where several prior owners could not get it to work. The new owner did the work herself, and ended up pulling the wiring harness and found where it had been compromised in several places -- it had intermittent connections (ie, sometimes open and sometimes closed connections). Those are the worst.

Do you guys think that the price of 24.8k is a good deal on a dealer loaner 3.6R 2019 with 5.8k miles? I am wanting to get back into the Legacy crowd. I used to have a 2015 legacy and now have a BRZ and while I do love how cute small sporty and good it handles, I’m getting really tired of manual and having zero interior space, I also want more comfort and “luxury” the 3.6R offers. I am a bit afraid of going back to legacy after having such good handling right now. One decent thing is the BRZ isn’t the fastest car so going to a 3.6R won’t feel much different I don’t think? Anyways I’m thinking of checking out that dealer car for sale soon. Should I stay away or is it no big deal that a ton of folks have driven it?

I would not do it. It is like trying to decide should you marry prostitute or not.

Edited by aki334

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry to say that my Legacy was plagued with issues. It has spent 7 weeks total at the dealer over the last year for electrical system issues including a TPMS light that would come on intermittently for months (five visits for 5 weeks total in the shop), steering wheel that would lock when starting requiring the car to be turned off and restarted to unlock the wheel (two visits for a total of three days in the shop), and lastly the factory alarm that would go off randomly for no reason at all (two visits that lasted for a total of two weeks in the shop).

Trading the car in today for a 2018 Buick Regal TourX. I still appreciate my last three Subaru vehicles including my wife's current 2019 Crosstrek Limited. But their dealer network in Massachusetts is comprised with a significant number of incompetent personnel from management down to the "technicians".

You literally made my day! I haven't smiled like this in YEARS! I'm not alone.. I only wish I jumped ship as you did. As for the original OP with the question about buying a loaner car.. No dealership would ever use a 3.6 R as a loaner vehicle. It's a lie. It was more than likely a demo car that a sales person drove. Don't buy it.