LegacyGT.com

anyone know what is this pink socket behind the radio for?

i'm in a middle of changing the shifter joint (shift link?), and meantime getting my radio removed (to install a grom for listening mp3 later).

then i found this pink socket has nothing to attach, but the gray socket rite nxt to it is attached to the black wire that goes to the back of the radio .. does anyone know what is it for?

pink1.thumb.jpg.32fa5af7ae8492d1c88e2498e57ef5b2.jpg

pink2.thumb.jpg.084b63f098233b43136a4096084cc9b2.jpg

Edited by markc0220k

oh ..tht makes sense... reason i asked was because long time (8yrs?) ago i went back to dealer and see if they could install satellite radio for me. they said i dont have preinstall radio and anntena.. so im little surprised tht i actually have the anntena ..

thanks infosecdad and apexi

Edited by markc0220k

When I bought my 09 in March 2011, used, I ordered the kit from the dealership for the satellite radio. installed in a couple hours or less, been working great every since.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

https://parts.subaruonlineparts.com/oem-parts/subaru-satellite-radio-sirius-h621sxa101

that's odd, I thought I paid like $64.00 it back then...

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Yes, correct on both accounts.

ok, the pink socket is supposed to connect to an anntena? or satellite receiver? (thanks SVXdc, in his pic he mention the male fakra sat radio - preinstalled cable for accessory windshield anntena)

coz i have a after market hd radio (not satellite radio) that anntena-input look like male and exact the same as the pink socket, if the pink plug is wired to built-in anntena somewhere in my car, meaning i'll need to buy a female-to-female cable to connect the pink plug and the hd radio.

thanks

fakra1.thumb.jpg.83cdd7dca9b8a6bcf5ac9323ddde11f6.jpg

fakra2.thumb.jpg.dc582a524614dd606453f91a63c4a433.jpg

Edited by markc0220k

https://parts.subaruonlineparts.com/oem-parts/subaru-satellite-radio-sirius-h621sxa101

that's odd, I thought I paid like $64.00 it back then...

thanks Max, does it mean you just pnp your sirius to the pink socket? i need to confirm that the pink socket is wired to a preinstall-antenna or radio ..thanks

Edited by markc0220k

FWTW, I stuck the black antenna up at the top of the windshield behind the mirror.

The kit does not effect the AM/FM antenna.

Have you seen a small antenna box somewhere yet?

On the upper corner of the windshield or back window?

Mine is a magnetic aftermarket, so it's on the center rear of the roof, right by the hatch.

no, but one section i'm so afraid to uncover is the dom light. would that possible the black box be hidded there?

Thanks for searching for me, i also read this walkthru last nite, but one thing i'm still confused is..

1. i understand the part "plug the wire that came with your reciever into that (the pink socket?) " , but then "and the other end in to the Satellite receiver" ??

Edited by markc0220k