LegacyGT.com

07 Subaru Legacy gt limit 5mt

Everything but the Spec B uses the same rear axles. You'll want a rear diff from an lgt or obxt to keep the limited slip. Wrx and sti are different. Not sure about forester xt. Some 3rd Gen outback have limited slip rear but you have to look at the markings on the diff because it was an optional equipment item.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought it was my axle but I pulled the plug out and metallic liquid came out. I found an 05 lgt auto someone is parting out and it looks like the rear differential is different(it have the fins on the back plate) could I still use that or do I have to get a different one

No difference 05-09 on rear diffs except spec b or non turbo. I don't think any of the lgt have the fins on the back. Maybe they've got it mislabeled as lgt which is common on used parts sites. Unless it's on here then maybe I'm just wrong.

From https://www.rallispec.com/downloads/Transmission%20ID%20Chart_Public.pdf

1523962883_ScreenShot2020-02-01at7_35_41PM.thumb.png.143b0de4d8535aa8bc7ddbb6196543f3.png

Looks like you have a 3.9 rear diff.

If you are just in need of a rear diff, then it looks like the 08-10 WRX or 08-09 LGT rear diffs should work.

The center diff is typically within the transmission housing for manuals.

The rear diff ratio needs to match the tranny. You can't just put a 4.44 or 4.11 rear diff on a tranny that's built for a 3.9, it'll eat itself.

You can swap both tranny and rear diff if they match. I have an outback 4.44 5sp and rear diff in my '05 LGT because they had less than half the miles of my stock tranny.

Hope that helps.