LegacyGT.com

EO vs Aftermarket Windshield

Of course the insurance company wants me to use aftermarket glass and not OE but it will be calibrated. I thought I really wanted to press for the OE glass, but since I've experienced the junk that is the OE Subaru windshield glass, I'm now considering the aftermarket.

Anyone use the aftermarket glass on the sixth gen Legacy, and have you been happy with its durability, compared to the OE glass?

Or anyone had issues with EyeSight on aftermarket glass?

Thanks,

Tim

Of course the insurance company wants me to use aftermarket glass and not OE but it will be calibrated. I thought I really wanted to press for the OE glass, but since I've experienced the junk that is the OE Subaru windshield glass, I'm now considering the aftermarket.

Anyone use the aftermarket glass on the sixth gen Legacy, and have you been happy with its durability, compared to the OE glass?

Or anyone had issues with EyeSight on aftermarket glass?

Thanks,

Tim

I've went through 3 windshield on 9 months just because I was unlucky with rock chips.. I had to argue with my Insurance company about using OE Glass because Subaru of America said they would not Warranty Eyesite with Aftermarket Glass, So eventually my Insurance Company agreed because I stressed it was a Safety Feature of the Car.. Push that issue in your situation unless your out of warranty..

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

My insurance company made me pay the difference to get OE glass. It was only $80 difference - SOLD.

Before I moved forward on this, I contacted SOA, explained the situation, trying to get them to cover the window because I had that warranty extension on my glass (it was a 5yr/100k miles extension). I'm at 99.5K miles, and was at 5yr in March. So I technically am not covered.

They wouldn't warranty replace it, but they DID decide to pay my $250 insurance deductible. I thought that was super cool. Now that I found out insurance was going to make me pay the difference to get OE glass, I'm going to hit up SOA again before I submit my receipt to them, and ask if they'll also cover that extra $80.

Can't get what you don't ask for!