LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

Other garbage:

1996 Seadoo HX that is apropriately named “start, Start, START” won’t start. I need to pull the carbs and clean them. The damn thing hasn’t given me any issues at all over the past month and a half, but here we go again. My wrench:ride ratio f’in sucks. I would sink the damn thing but it’s just so damn good when it works the way it’s supposed to.

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Welp, my turn. RX-7 still isn't running. Surprise! No time? No money? One or the other.

Gex, you've been DDing the Gexmobile?! Do I need to take a trip up to Seattle for a possible sighting. I would love to see the car that inspired my wheel/tire set up. I'd also love to see a GT-Four. Maybe one day.

I have for the past 4 days. Won’t get my truck back until Wednesday. Poor wagon is getting beat up and Ive quickly grown tired of the heavy ACT clutch. The GT4 is also down. I was doing rear wheel bearings on it and got a little carried away with an angle grinder getting the old race off the axle stub shaft. Had to order a new one from Japan (every suspension piece on that car is bespoke JDM :spin:).

Feel free to come up for a ride along in both! Their a blast.

Yesterday I did a RallyX at DirtFish. Since my GT4 was down I raced in a 2WD Colorado from my work fleet. Also took some photos.

This morning I replaced the wilting / shrunken vent cowling on my 08 2.5i Limited. Replacement is not perfect but looks way better than before. We picked this up for $7 at the u-pull it last week. My son used some stuff he bought called "Back to Black" which he just wiped on and made the faded dull plastic look nice and bright black.

First two pics before and last two are after.

20200712_093329.thumb.jpg.9577d5670f0c85f262f2cbbbaa5fdcf4.jpg

20200712_093339.thumb.jpg.9d477da83ae99bd737b9b1ea7e712094.jpg

20200712_102303.thumb.jpg.07c2b5c78a13c08bf9ee0840b9213eaf.jpg

20200712_102314.thumb.jpg.331672b0f72ffc47f9aacf314ecf3f35.jpg

Not great news on the dealership path as my default plan will be to buy new for that upgrade. Was this a dealership other than Heuberger?

Back on topic, my wife's fx35 seats are continuing to rip and tear around the bottom cushion. Really junks up the vehicle.

Nope, from a random dealer in FL (they had the cheapest price, incl. free shipping).

Sent payment for a 2019 STi steering rack off of NASIOC. The order from the online Subaru dealer was "cancelled" after about a week of sitting at "order submitted." They haven't refunded the charge on my card, so if that doesn't happen by Monday, I'll be cancelling the charge with my CC company instead.

Would have been a great day for some break-in driving :spin:

Wait Solid, where are you in MA? also is the Steering rack going into your 07? lots of questions if so

Other garbage:

1996 Seadoo HX that is apropriately named “start, Start, START” won’t start. I need to pull the carbs and clean them. The damn thing hasn’t given me any issues at all over the past month and a half, but here we go again. My wrench:ride ratio f’in sucks. I would sink the damn thing but it’s just so damn good when it works the way it’s supposed to.

This sounds like every jet ski I've ever been affiliated with.

I chased a starting issue with my 86' Ski Centurion this year but considering the newest thing I own is a 15 year old LGT wagon, everything has been running pretty well.

Lowell area, and yes, going in my '07. Check out Underdog's thread on the 2015+ STi steering rack swap.

mmm STi steering rack is one of my most favorite mods...and external wastegate of course.

parked the DD honda accord and driving the Legacy GT this whole week to have some fun and make some jaws and panties drop. :rolleyes::lol:

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

I used a black plastic trim restore product on my wagon recently. Did the front window cowl, all the door/window trims and the roof rails. Subtle, but looks really good after.

This sold me! I've heard positive things about products like this, Back to Black and the like. Any idea how long it lasts?

MILKRUN  - Click Here

I used Meguiar's Ultimate Black. Not sure how long it lasts, but I'll likely reapply a second treatment just before my wagon goes in for paint correction and ceramic next Tues.

Nobody else would notice it, but it's obvious to me.

Mounted new tires and washed car last night, which all sound like good things.

1. Roof doesn't bead anymore. Probably no chance of a wax until moved into the new house this winter.

2. Pressure washer probably crapped itself.

3. 245/40/17 tires look good, probably just a smidgen to big for future lowering plans. Thinking of going back down to 225/45. Currently stock suspension, wheels are OZ Leggera HLT +45 offset. Zero rubbing anywhere now, but that front doesn't look promising. Will probably throw on stock wheels and tires and try to sell this set before buying the next set.

945451709_Side2mp.thumb.jpg.2311a5ac0166fc57e16a7df5cb29db5a.jpg

1532365030_Rear34.thumb.jpg.7c14d24d89e30cddda2f6694d2bc8fa2.jpg

507388151_Front34.thumb.jpg.c427fae9abcd7a87696045bc00846872.jpg

Edited by seanyb505

3. 245/40/17 tires look good, probably just a smidgen to big for future lowering plans. Thinking of going back down to 225/45. Currently stock suspension, wheels are OZ Leggera HLT +45 offset. Zero rubbing anywhere now, but that front doesn't look promising. Haven't driven the tires hard while still in decision making mode.

My autocross wheels/tires are 245/40R17 RE-71Rs wrapped around 17x8 +48 OZ Allegeritas, so very similar. I get rubbing in the rear if I have passengers and hit some bumps, and occasionally during autocross. With all the rubbing, though, I don't see any nasty marks on the sidewall of the tires, so it hasn't bothered me. Fenders aren't rolled at all, I bet it would go away if I rolled them.

Picture here showing how lowered the car is: https://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5884474&postcount=3055

Edited by solidxsnake

Mounted new tires and washed car last night, which all sound like good things.

1. Roof doesn't bead anymore. Probably no chance of a wax until moved into the new house this winter.

2. Pressure washer probably crapped itself.

3. 245/40/17 tires look good, probably just a smidgen to big for future lowering plans. Thinking of going back down to 225/45. Currently stock suspension, wheels are OZ Leggera HLT +45 offset. Zero rubbing anywhere now, but that front doesn't look promising. Will probably throw on stock wheels and tires and try to sell this set before buying the next set.

[ATTACH]285595[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]285596[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]285597[/ATTACH]

How low are you trying to go? You'd be surprised how far you'll get without rubbing if you give it a little bit of camber. Here's some 245/40/17s on +42 wheels, with -2 degrees up front and -1 degree in the rear. Hasn't rubbed with Hankook Ventus V12 Evo2s, or Pirelli PZero Nero GTs. The latter are much wider. Front fenders are rolled, but probably didn't have to be.

IMG_20200622_064632.thumb.jpg.545d702391fbf5a20a9599a65406569c.jpg

Hm. solidsnake your fronts and rears seem to sit further inbound than mine.

Driver side head on:

678183608_DF2.thumb.jpg.516d13f918923df691f18bc12225ab78.jpg

Driver side top view:

1104783116_DT2.thumb.jpg.1b2274a20e92f8541d5b024207735290.jpg

Passenger side head on:

1132749349_Passfront.thumb.jpg.4189af5c2986c0a92f8f42ad6dc1dd18.jpg

Passenger side top view:

339133258_PT2.thumb.jpg.b03790aa1dacde6c8fa0a8c97f33345c.jpg

Not trying to go too low at all - probably not as low as yours awfulwaffle.

Edit: Guy at work wondered if my brake rotors are a different thickness than stock. Anyone have a stock LGT rotor they can measure? I've got a DBA T2 rotor that I wonder is acting like a spacer...?

Edited by seanyb505

Haven't posted up in a while. Since buying my wagon in late November 2019, I've had basic maintenance stuff done by a local shop, timing belt, water pump, etc. And had the shop remove any remaining banjo bolt filters.

In April, working from home and not driving every day revealed a leaky passenger side valve cover gasket. So I dove in on the first engine maintenance thing I've ever done, and replaced the gasket, and spark plugs for both sides. Took me way longer than I thought it was going to take, and I didn't do some other things I was going to while in there, driver's side gasket and PCV valve, mainly. But I feel very accomplished that I didn't screw it up on the first try. Pictures show one bolt that is not like the others...

kDMm1jI.jpg?1

riDMOqx.jpg?1

In May I decided it was time for new pads, rotors and fluids. So on went some centric rotors, Hawk HPS 5.0, and dot 4 fluid, in anticipation of autocrossing later this year. I'm still trying to decide where I want to be class-wise. Staying in street is nicer on my wallet, but I also kind of want to do swap the uppipe for a catless one for engine life. We'll see.

Edited by tehspud

In May I decided it was time for new pads, rotors and fluids. So on went some centric rotors, Hawk HPS 5.0, and dot 4 fluid, in anticipation of autocrossing later this year. I'm still trying to decide where I want to be class-wise. Staying in street is nicer on my wallet, but I also kind of want to do swap the uppipe for a catless one for engine life. We'll see.

Swap in an oem STI Catless uppipe. Literally no one will be able to tell the difference.

Hm. solidsnake your fronts and rears seem to sit further inbound than mine.

Driver side head on:

[ATTACH]285599[/ATTACH]

Driver side top view:

[ATTACH]285600[/ATTACH]

Passenger side head on:

[ATTACH]285601[/ATTACH]

Passenger side top view:

[ATTACH]285602[/ATTACH]

Not trying to go too low at all - probably not as low as yours awfulwaffle.

Edit: Guy at work wondered if my brake rotors are a different thickness than stock. Anyone have a stock LGT rotor they can measure? I've got a DBA T2 rotor that I wonder is acting like a spacer...?

Oe stock lgt rotors? The duralast gold claim a thickness of 28mm. I didn't measure it but just over and inch seems right. I replaced my old outback rotors so idk subaru lgt thickness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swap in an oem STI Catless uppipe. Literally no one will be able to tell the difference.

That's a possibility, given I only do a few local events a year now. Would still be hard to get my "goodie goodie" side to not follow the rules to the letter, though. :lol: