Official: Utah Chat Thread - VOL 2

Hops

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks nice, and at least it's the right color!

Looks like all your plants and trees are flowering. Color me jealous, we finally hit warmer weather this week and nature hasn't caught up yet.

I could suck start a snow blower.

The weather has been awesome here!

And... no. Haha. The salesman was telling me Polestar has a map reflash available that's covered under warranty that pretty much makes it a Polestar, but I bought this car so I could focus on my Audi and just have a nice car that stays stock. My only plan is to tint it!

Been looking at the original Allroad for a long time, but couldn’t find one in good condition. Now that I started looking at newer cars, the A4 Allroad was on my list of cars to drive. But it’s not as powerful as the Volvo, not as roomy, and doesn’t have the ground clearance. It’s slightly cheaper, but that was the only benefit I saw. So, I didn’t even bother driving one.

REFLASH......then daddy car it, drive like I do, like an old man, until I want to play Edited by PimpFro
Kit Kat fat fingers 4life

Pure Adrenaline

Attached...

To A License Plate
:p

Maybe reflash when I get used to its power. I feel like such an old man driving this, but it's making me drive a lot slower and I'm totally incognito when I do punch it. This thing is just as fast as my wagon, I think.

Maybe we'll finally have to stop calling him JDM Chizad. What he didn't mention is.. a rather crucial bit of info, with the Polestar reflash the car would still be covered under warranty.. hmm c'mon gramps. Sveedish Sleepah. Congrats on the car though, love it, much better than an All-Road. I am kinda sad that I was beaten to buying a Volvo. I guess I'll just have to one up him and buy the Polestar I've been wanting.

On a side note, my old wheels are now on the gf's FXT.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

That Volvo is pretty sweet but your RGP wagon is still better looking :cool:. I still don't know if there's anything more beautiful than that wagon on those British Gold GC-05Fs. Did you say you picked up some British Blacks for your sedan too? Nice job Covious for joining the GC-05f club too!

So, that Volvo....um....Geartronic 6 Speed Automatic? #savethemanuals!!! #manualtransmissionpreservationsociety!!! Sorry, I had to go there. It's sad to hear you are getting rid of both your Legacys but I understand wanting to switch things up. Problem is there are just not that many good manual options coming here these days. I can't believe that not even the new Supra will have a manual gearbox. Even the "enthusiast" cars that still offer manuals seem to be sanitized with super light clutches, electronics and servos doing all the work, almost zero tactile feel and no resistance as you slide from one gear to the other (can pretty much be done with one finger if you want). I guess this is to appeal to the masses by making driving "easier" (aka boring).

I've been looking for a new car to daily for a while and it's been kind of a frustrating search. I never thought I'd be saying this but I've been thinking seriously about the new Honda Accord. You can get the 2.0T Sport in a manual which is nice although I did test drive one and the gear box was pretty much as described above (disappointing since I've heard a lot of good things about Honda gearboxes), but it could be interesting with the Hondata flash which supposedly makes 377 ft/lbs with no mods....of course FWD but there might still be some fun to be had.

Meanwhile, I'm driving this 2005 Forester S. I got it for my mom a while back but since she hasn't been using it I figured I'd drive it. It's been a solid car! Only problem is my co-workers now call me a lesbian trapped inside a man's body.:lol:

Only thing I've installed on my Legacy this year (besides new timing belt/pulleys/water pump) is an ethanol sensor and ethanol content analyzer. No more testing ethanol content manually for me! I'm consistently getting e68 to e70 down in Orem. We'll see if that improves this summer but I'm not getting my hopes up. Supposedly Cobb will be offering flex fuel for the LGT sometime soon which will make it really nice to not have to drive down to Orem if I don't feel like it. Anybody else planning to go flex fuel? I'm probably going to hold off on any new mods until I know for sure when that will be available. Meanwhile, I think I need to refurbish or replace my starter and figure out why my A/F learning has been down around -10% lately.

1869743890_2005Forester2.jpg.8526aca1eb51f2c92e7000a4b24e4411.jpg

Ethanolcontent.png.0492fd1271db8b39046fbf34d6b37c3f.png

ethanolsensor.png.260950de4454c35b275877e924aad3c2.png

That tester is cool! I’d get that if I were keeping my car.

I looked into a new Accord. Turbo manual Accord! I want one so bad, but I need a do-all-the-things vehicle. If Honda would make it a wagon with AWD, I would have had one already.

I just needed a nice, comfy, fast wagon that I can take anywhere and also have a warranty. I’ve given up on the manual game. There are no new cars out there that fulfill my needs and have a manual. It’s sad to see what the car market is turning into. My Volvo has even been discontinued. Everything is turning into a crossover as well.

I still have the AWD turbo wagon Audi with a manual. :D