LegacyGT.com

Colorado Recommended Businesses

praedet

Another positive review for Matt at Max Automotive. Everything went as well as others have mentioned and I'm planning on heading back next week for a new clutch.

That being said, is it necessary or just wise to also replace the fly wheel?

Thanks for the recommendation Putnam!

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad everything went well. The first time I replaced my clutch, I resurfaced the stock flywheel (even though people say you can't do it), and had no problems with it. The second time, I installed a single mass LWFW, and prefer the feel of that over the stocker.

What clutch are you putting in? What stage is your car? If you are putting down more power than stock, I wouldn't use the stock clutch, but that's just me.

I'm leaning towards the Clutch Master FX350. A vendor here on the site has a deal going for the clutch, flywheel and throwout bearing for a good price.

I'm currently stage 1 but am going stage 2 next week when I get this clutch installed, with Matt doing all the work.

One last question, I'm getting all new gaskets for my up and downpipe install but am not quite sure which one I need for the shorty downpipe to mid pipe connection?

Edited by Rockets GT

I'm leaning towards the Clutch Master FX350. A vendor here on the site has a deal going for the clutch, flywheel and throwout bearing for a good price.

I'm currently stage 1 but am going stage 2 next week when I get this clutch installed, with Matt doing all the work.

One last question, I'm getting all new gaskets for my up and downpipe install but am not quite sure which one I need for the shorty downpipe to mid pipe connection?

http://www.grimmspeed.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=60_54_57&products_id=171

• 2 weeks later...

Another recommendation for terry tanner and his pdr services. I got a quote from some other pdr shop that wanted $400 for what only took him 1 hour and costed me a $100.

His number is 303 378 4944. I will say he is not the friendliest guy on the phone but he's way better in person.

• 4 weeks later...
Looking for a good place to do all fluid flush(tranny,coolant, differentials etc) also getting close to 100k miles. Any recommended place to get a timing belt and water pump replaced?? Please let me know if u know of a place...if they do all would be better.

• 4 months later...
Buying yet another windshield from Auto Glass Authority (Scott, 303-517-2796). I was out racing the Shelby at Bandi tonight and a gust of wind caught my hood, ripped it off the hydraulic supports and threw it into the windshield. Dammit. I'm lucky that there is zero damage to the hood, other than the hydraulic supports and a single small paint chip. Anyhow, Scott's the man...

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

Another recommendation for terry tanner and his pdr services. I got a quote from some other pdr shop that wanted $400 for what only took him 1 hour and costed me a $100.

His number is 303 378 4944. I will say he is not the friendliest guy on the phone but he's way better in person.

This cracked me up! My experience exactly. Good guy and does great work. He definitely takes pride in what he does!

Buying yet another windshield from Auto Glass Authority (Scott, 303-517-2796). I was out racing the Shelby at Bandi tonight and a gust of wind caught my hood, ripped it off the hydraulic supports and threw it into the windshield. Dammit. I'm lucky that there is zero damage to the hood, other than the hydraulic supports and a single small paint chip. Anyhow, Scott's the man...

Jesus! What hood do you have that sustains that much damage! But, I'll give another +1 to Scott for one of my Impreza friends that had him do a windshield recently. Cheap, fast, quality work.

+1 Terry rocks. I've now had 4 vehicles to him and 5-6 total visits.

I still need to get in touch with this guy. It's been lingering in the back of mind for a while.

My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Anyone recommend a shop that can blacken housings on headlights in the CO Springs area? Thinking about going to Elite Auto Salon.

Do you already have the headlights off? Or would you need them removed then blacked out some of the housing and the amber reflectors? I have done my own on my honda and two other members in addition to mounting some ccfl and xbaled halos. If you weren't in a rush I could do your headlights?

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af94/tommypenguin/photo5_zpse282ac84.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Any suggestions for sunroof install shops?

I'm in the Denver area but willing to drive for quality.

Thanks!

_erin

Do you already have a sunroot? If so, what do you need done? If not, I will agree with Mike's comment.

My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

I'll admit I have not read all 22 pages of this thread so it could easily already be posted in here some where. I'm looking for a good/cheap uppipe for an 05 OB/XT, but i'm not sure which one to get or if anyone here sells used catless uppipes that will fit. I am in Aurora, but don't mind traveling to pick the part up or paying shipping. I see them on Amazon from $70 up, but I'm not sure which one I should get.

Thanks,

Mark

Edit: I read the whole thread, but still didn't see anything about uppipes. I did see a lot of places to call and check on getting my windows tinted though.

Edited by MCRACER516

• 1 month later...
new clutch installed from Matt @ Max Automotive. Legit new shop and always great customer service. HIGHLY recommended!!

Thanks again Matt!!!

How much did it run you

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk