LegacyGT.com

no start after trans replace with codes

i replaced cvt trans in my driveway sourced from lkq; it was all working before except ability to shift out of first, but now after transwap it is throwing codes p0335, p0340, p0345 for crankshaft and camshaft position sensors and four transmission codes for the various solenoids.

it is not starting, not even clicking. i believe i checked grounds, such as ge-2, which grounds the crankshaft and camshaft sensors, as well as clean the battery terminals. the transmission is grounded through connector pins plus the case ground to chassis

i am unsure what could be the problem but somehow shy from blaming the replacement transmission given my problem includes engine codes.

open to suggestinos omg thanks

Need more information. What model and trim? What year? What engine? What CVT?

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Need more information. What model and trim? What year? What engine? What CVT?

2016-2017 legacy 2.5l fb25 port injection nonturbo pzev

Really sounds like some connectors are not connecting well or at all... Pins were pulled out, something like that...

reseated engine harness connectors and trans connectors (inhibitor switch t1 and control valve t2)

maybe i should start testing individual pins, but i mostly want to assume the engine harness connectors are good since these are the same as before

The Service Manual (for the TR580 and TR690 Transmissions) as part of the installation calls out the following steps after transmission refill:

Perform the operation for clearing AT learning value. <Ref. to CVT(diag)-26, Clear Memory Mode.>

Perform the operation of AT learning mode. <Ref. to CVT(diag)-33, Learning Control.>

Execute the rear differential inspection mode. <Ref. to DI-83, Rear Differential Inspection Mode.>

CAUTION:

Always execute the rear differential inspection mode at the replacement of the following.

• Replacement of transmission assembly

Did you do them?

Edited by Painless

The Service Manual (for the TR580 and TR690 Transmissions) as part of the installation calls out the following steps after transmission refill:

Did you do them?

no, but i have used freessm for this i believe it is like fuel learning values

i somehow got the idea i finna check starter connector (solenoid) and resolved this b4 things got hairy

because it didn't start when expected it threw two sets of three shaft codes and four misfires and four trans codes for fourteen codes omg wow

thanks so much mostly spot on infosec cheers m8