LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 5th gen today?? -V4

Went to wrap the wing last night and it was two fails in a row. Going to see if one of the guys at the shop want to have a go at it. They are doing full vehicle wraps now and this will probably be a piece of cake for them [emoji1].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found out why the fuse blew on the drivers side puddle lights.

e0fab11c6ded515aaa2bc51f6290a901.jpg

Adding a replaceable fuse and leaving it unplugged until a new puddle light arrives. As others have said before, these are a bad design. The lights lasted about 2 years I think.

Ugh, so that 4x4 wood block that blew my tire out seems to have continued its destruction as it made its way under the vehicle. Getting a droany exhaust leak sound between 2-3k rpms the last couple of days.

Will be taking a peek this weekend but I have a feeling between whatever damage was done and the rust, replacement over repair is going to be the option. Any thought on cheap replacement exhaust?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I just replaced these on an ‘05 that was flaking. Link below was a good tutorial. Part #s below for all four.

62280AG001

62280AG011

61280AG021

61280AG031

Not sure the CAI was a good idea. Definitely lost low end hp. Rpms seem to get stuck sometimes when I'm spirited in my driving. 0-60 in hot weather is so sluggish.

If you want to fix that get a tune. XRT has also been tweaking AVCS lately to pick up low end torque. Your observations are to be expected with that MOD and no tune.

ordered some new rotors and pads. after 5 years and 50k miles im getting some significant shimmy under braking...pads still shockingly have a good amount of life left, didn't realize i did so much highway driving. contemplating getting SS lines and ordering a master cylinder brace while i'm at it, and will be doing brake fluid too, been 2 years, so...

I think I narrowed down the exhaust leak location [emoji1787] the hangers are rusted something fierce too.. dunno how it isn't just dragging on the ground at this point lmao looks like new muffler and mid pipe incoming.

Also looks like some oils right by the rear diff bushings. Would the oem bushing do that when they're shot, or is that blow back from the rear diff/cv axle and a bigger issue?4db38e883b530ac81ef57ab53f99719e.jpgaa0a72823d1aaae08f6b3d30a531b2de.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

13-14 replacement KYB's and 13-14 springs. Also did Mevotech lower control arms w/ solid bushings.

After alignment, car handles well. definitely stiffer in the corners.

Only concern is the front wheel gap is a bit bigger than it was. hoping the springs settle some over the next couple weeks.

13-14 replacement KYB's and 13-14 springs. Also did Mevotech lower control arms w/ solid bushings.

After alignment, car handles well. definitely stiffer in the corners.

Only concern is the front wheel gap is a bit bigger than it was. hoping the springs settle some over the next couple weeks.

How many miles are on your car? I have not replaced any front suspension parts so far besides the Koni/Eibach setup and wonder if anything will come up soon. I’m at around 106k.

I think I narrowed down the exhaust leak location [emoji1787]

To be fair, the whole exhaust is a leak at that point. It’s what mine looked like before I started replacing section by section and finding that I couldn’t even weld onto the metal of the original pipe. Look into a good aftermarket mid pipe and some factory replacement mufflers and you will

Be pleased with what stealth backs have to offer (unless it’s too quiet for you)

To be fair, the whole exhaust is a leak at that point. It’s what mine looked like before I started replacing section by section and finding that I couldn’t even weld onto the metal of the original pipe. Look into a good aftermarket mid pipe and some factory replacement mufflers and you will

Be pleased with what stealth backs have to offer (unless it’s too quiet for you)

Yeah I'm pretty much just trying to replace with basics but was considering a little extra oomph with a nameless axleback. haven't decided if muffler delete would be too much try hard on my 2.5i :lol: currently eyeing:

ebay mid

and

https://shop.namelessperformance.com/axleback-exhaust-2010-2014-legacy-2-5i/

with this work, odds and ends and the 60k major interval coming up at 180 i was doing some shopping around. unfortunately based on KBB instant cash offer of $2400 I doubt I'd get a trade in of anything close to $5k (which is my min to move on). Looks like I'll be dropping another $1500 and driving this thing for another year or 2 :confused:

Legacy is finally done minus the wheel alignment and then I part way from it.

Just a recap:

Bodywork and paint (damage on the driver side rear quarter panel and rear door)

Detailing

Front pads and rotors

(2) Front lower control arms (1 ball joint were ripped)

Front left wheel bearing (there was to much play)

(1) Front knuckle (bolt broke)

Wheel Alignment will be done today or tomorrow

Edited by amusa

How many miles are on your car? I have not replaced any front suspension parts so far besides the Koni/Eibach setup and wonder if anything will come up soon. I’m at around 106k.

134k on it. front control arm bushings were shot so i needed t do some work anyway.

i went with the stock 13-14 setup because i live on a dirt road up a mountainside. i cant reasonably lower the car as much as i would like to.

the car handles well. much flatter in the corners. much less boaty/accord like.

downside is my stock springs were obviously pretty tired. the car is about 1/2 in higher all the way around.

only been a few days, we will see how she setttles in.

Yeah I'm pretty much just trying to replace with basics but was considering a little extra oomph with a nameless axleback.

Looks like I'll be dropping another $1500 and driving this thing for another year or 2 :confused:

Ask around at local performance shops / car meets / coffee shops. They probably have a local guy with material to be able to fab 80% of a decent exhaust for you that will be nice to the ears and even a generic resonator/ muffler that isn’t straight through will probably quiet down and breath fine. The nameless stuff is okay but it’s all super loud imho

Edited by tony saurus

Car is still down. 1st replacement engine nearly completed its transplant, and then they discovered bad valve seals. Shop contacted the supplier, and they're supposed to be sending a 2nd engine, but that was nearly 3 weeks ago, unsure what the hold up is now. Waiting for a response back from the shop.

In the meantime, over the weekend, I drove to pick-up my Fortune 500 coilovers that I had delivered to my friend's place in Milwaukee (to save $150 of Chicago tax). So now my list of accumulated parts to put on my car when I have it back has ballooned to:

-Inferno Fab Full Catted Headers

-Kakimoto Intake Chamber

-Ganador Carbon Mirrors

-Processed LED Tail Lights

-Fortune Auto 500 Coilovers, Swift Spring upgrade, 2k over-valved, 10k/9k springs

It's gonna basically be an entirely new car when I'm done with it, IF I ever get it back. In personal news, I'm honestly going insane without my car and I feel like I can't do anything else in my life until I have it back. The feeling of acceleration is a massive release for me, and my NA 3rd gen isn't cutting it. Maybe it sounds silly to some, but my car is an emotional connection to me, and I feel like a part of myself is missing without it. I have began routinely visiting the car outside the shop after hours just to see it. I don't think I'm ok.

Car is still down. 1st replacement engine nearly completed its transplant, and then they discovered bad valve seals. Shop contacted the supplier, and they're supposed to be sending a 2nd engine, but that was nearly 3 weeks ago, unsure what the hold up is now. Waiting for a response back from the shop.

I don't think I'm ok.

How many miles were on the replacement 3.6R? Valve seals can go bad from sitting for long periods.

You are probably not OK, but that probably fits most of us....