LegacyGT.com

Having problems with climate controls. Won't switch from vent.

So when I switch my climate controls from vent to defrost and or Feet, it never switches from the front vents.

It constantly dumps air out of the front vents,

Almost as if the motor or something has stopped moving.

Is there a trick to getting this up and going. I've read the dash is a pain to take apart and remove. Or do I not have to?

Any one else had this problem?

Do you mean all four front vents (two far side ones, two center)? Only the center two are switchable from the climate controls, to disable the side ones you need to use the lever.

Taking the dash apart isn't THAT hard... it's just time consuming and a little tedious. Technicality-wise, it's pretty simple. Search for "vacation pix" and you'll have some guidance.

Sound like it could be the mode door actuator? It looks like you should be able to check it from inside the glove box area, towards the top left somewhere. Might have to remove the glove box, but that's not too bad.

2005_hvac.w.autoac.thumb.png.ef67b455a284c4eec5913b9c19a81a79.png

2005_hvac.w.autoac2.thumb.jpg.8f0ccbb2b6d47aec71e1a4115cb0a844.jpg

2005_hvac_mode_door.actuator1.thumb.jpg.d732ada2179a5e156f46811b9fd33af9.jpg

2005_hvac_mode_door.actuator2.thumb.jpg.02208638ac2faf7eefbd08435adacbb3.jpg

You might remove the entire front face unit of the stereo/climate control unit and clean the contacts that plug into the face and see if that helps. They sometimes become a bit corroded and I've found this to help on a friend's car.

• 3 months later...

Archived