LegacyGT.com

New Car Price Legacy Limited

Hi, so I been to multiple delarships but fell in love with the Subaru Legacy Limited which has the upgraded package. Here is the specific one. https://www.cioccasubaru.com/new/Subaru/2020-Subaru-Legacy-allentown-pa-61c187330a0e0a1720ee2fe39e5cf7f1.htm

So currently the MRSP is $33,754 + Taxes. Talked to the dealer and he said that he can go down to $31,384 + Taxes. But when I go edmunds it shows a fair price at $31,089 + Taxes and fees.

Can people mention which model they got and how much they paid for it so I get a good idea at what the current rate is. Thank You so much!

That looks like the price to start negotiating as others are advertising right around the same price. If you have a trade-in those numbers are meaningless as what they "give" you for the old car will have greater influence on what you ultimately end up paying for the new one. The trade-in also reduces PA state tax so keep that in mind.

There are 50 listed near you so you can ask others for a price: https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/New+Cars/Navigation/Subaru/Legacy/Allentown+PA-18104?makeCodeList=SUB&searchRadius=50&modelCodeList=LEGACY&zip=18104&marketExtension=include&trimCodeList=LEGACY%7CLimited&featureCodes=1066&listingTypes=NEW&isNewSearch=true&sortBy=derivedpriceASC&numRecords=25&firstRecord=0

That one is close to mine. I had the spoiler in the back and a few other upgrades. I paid 32,470 for mine. But mine was also one of the first ones out. I got it Oct 24 2019. The MSRP on mine was 36,670 Edited by rockier

Try Costco. I went through them for a Touring XT and got it for $500 over invoice. I ordered it end of December 2019 and took deliver end of March. At the time Subaru was offering 0% interest, which was nice. So I kept my GT. I’ve been working from home since, so haven’t had a chance to drive it much. Soon. Good luck!

Paid $27K out the door for a 2020 Abyss Blue Legacy Premium with a package(blind spot monitoring, fog lights, push to start). MSRP is $27,300. I did use a $500 ambassador coupon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by SubiFTW

• 7 months later...

2021 Legacy Touring XT Crystal Black

MSRP $36,145

Popular Package #2 $852

LED Upgrade - Dome Light

Cargo Tray

Exterior Auto Dim Mirror

All-Weather Floor Liners

Splash Guards

Rear Bumper Applique

Wireless Charger $259

Destination and Delivery $925

Total Suggested Retail Price $38,181

Negotiated Price $32,999.77

Sales Tax $ 1,979.99

Documentary Fee $ 394.00

Title Fee $ 55.00

Registration/ Tag $ 68.00

Encumbrance Fee $ 26.00

Online Registration Fee $ 17.47

PA Tire Tax $ 5.00

Total Financed at 0% for 63 Months $35,545.23

+ 3 years Starlink Security Plus

Purchased February 27, 2021

Last sales day of the shortest month with 3 less sales days due to winter weather.

Probably could of gotten a little bit more off due to them agreeing to that price pretty quick.

• 10 months later...

Price of pending purchase, Austin, TX, 1/29/22 Legacy Premium

Could not find a dealer in central Texas who would currently honor True or Consumer Reports discount pricing and all were marking up over MSRP - some were doing it openly and some were inflating "mandatory" dealer add ons.

This is how our Legacy order, as we finally entered it, looked [rounded pricing to nearest dollar]:

2022 Legacy Premium ice silver metallic/titanium gray cloth

includes: all weather floor liners, cargo tray, rear seatback protector, body side molding, door edge protector, splash guards, fog lamps, 2yr/24k maintenance

MSRP list includes $925 delivery fee $27,577

"market upcharge" 1000

"install charge fog lights" 459

TTL 2033

various dealer doc fees 188

Starlink 3 yr subscription 80

Drive out [in April, maybe] price $31337

Obviously the markup is what the market can bear here, but is a bit painful. To go out of state to negotiate created just enough hassle to deter us. The dealer install charge on the fog lamps struck me as bogus, but it might not be, IDK.

BTW: the asking price for certified 2020 and 2021 Legacy Premiums is currently higher than for new at three central Texas dealerships - taking advantage of folks who would not wait 10 weeks for a promised delivery, I guess.

Edited by MarkInAustin

• 3 weeks later...
Dealer jackup is becoming the new normal. My dealer normally gives me invoice on our cars and I respected the fact that they sold it at sticker due to limited supply. Gave me a fair trade on my wife's ' 16 Legacy Limited 3.6R with less than 47k on it. Had to order it too.

Price of pending purchase, Austin, TX, 1/29/22 Legacy Premium

Could not find a dealer in central Texas who would currently honor True or Consumer Reports discount pricing and all were marking up over MSRP - some were doing it openly and some were inflating "mandatory" dealer add ons.

This is how our Legacy order, as we finally entered it, looked [rounded pricing to nearest dollar]:

2022 Legacy Premium ice silver metallic/titanium gray cloth

includes: all weather floor liners, cargo tray, rear seatback protector, body side molding, door edge protector, splash guards, fog lamps, 2yr/24k maintenance

MSRP list includes $925 delivery fee $27,577

"market upcharge" 1000

"install charge fog lights" 459

TTL 2033

various dealer doc fees 188

Starlink 3 yr subscription 80

Drive out [in April, maybe] price $31337

Obviously the markup is what the market can bear here, but is a bit painful. To go out of state to negotiate created just enough hassle to deter us. The dealer install charge on the fog lamps struck me as bogus, but it might not be, IDK.

BTW: the asking price for certified 2020 and 2021 Legacy Premiums is currently higher than for new at three central Texas dealerships - taking advantage of folks who would not wait 10 weeks for a promised delivery, I guess.

report the dealer to SOA for that market upcharge. many manufacturers have sent out letters forbidding dealers to pull that crap otherwise they will reduce their allocations. i would never ever buy from a dealership who puts BS charges like that on me. sorry you chose a volatile business. not my problem. i dont need anything that bad in life i can't wait or go to another dealer.