LegacyGT.com

Ground straps

Hi all,

I was wondering if any knows where I can get ground straps? Also, what type of gauge is it (if that matters)?

I think my passenger side one that is under the car ripped and I just want to replace it. I have not gone under the car yet but just wanted a little more info before I do.

Thanks!

They're cheap direct from subaru:

Passenger side ground strap: 81831AG010 - $5.91

Driver side ground strap: 81831AG000 - $6.07

Transmission to bulkhead ground strap: 81804FC101 - $3.03

Thanks a bunch! Random question though, could this cause weird issues with the car?

There's a big thread about purchasing and or making these. 14 gauge or bigger seems the consensus. I bought stranded wire by the foot from ace. However the ring terminals and heat shrink I bought were too small.

Did you get metric sized ring terminals maxcapacity? My ace only had sae and I misjudged despite a bunch of time estimating.

And poor grounds can cause electrical issues but I doubt one small one like that would cause a huge issue. On a side note, I know everyone says to ground to bare metal but I'm always terrified of my frame rail rusting....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's what I made up. Anything like those would be fine.

[ATTACH]280941[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]280942[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]280943[/ATTACH]

Thanks!

I actually purchased these. They are an oem GM part. They were only $4 when I bought them.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B4KR3MI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_2EY0DbQ8QYMM4

Thank you, I bought it from Subaru!

There's a big thread about purchasing and or making these. 14 gauge or bigger seems the consensus. I bought stranded wire by the foot from ace. However the ring terminals and heat shrink I bought were too small.

Did you get metric sized ring terminals maxcapacity? My ace only had sae and I misjudged despite a bunch of time estimating.

And poor grounds can cause electrical issues but I doubt one small one like that would cause a huge issue. On a side note, I know everyone says to ground to bare metal but I'm always terrified of my frame rail rusting....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought the OEM one from Subaru, and I see..but this is closest one to the A/C so I feel like it could help a little.

if you have poor grounds (too small, nit actually connected to metal, not enough, not actually grounded to battery, etc) you'll be chasing all sorts of electrical gremlins.

One of the jdm hyperev magazines has a whole article on grounds. They used 00 sized wires to tie both frame rails, both heads and battery to a single ground. Even used a ground plate to tie them together.

Look up "Big 3" or "Big Three" for other wiring improvements. CovertRussian has a thread on the fuel pump improvement to be had by upgrading the wiring.

Wiring was legendarily undersized. Add 15 years of wear and corrosion and everything need an upgrade.