LegacyGT.com

Negative Camber. Causes

Hey Guys,

on my 05 Legacy GT I am getting -1.75 degree of camber on the rear and it looks like there is a bit of a sag (more so on one side than the other). Any thoughts on what the cause could be? I have had some people say its the shocks/struts and others saying it could simply be the matter of a bushing that is gone. A mechanic friend of mine said the shocks and struts looked fine on a quick look but he didnt get into it. Thoughts?

well sag can really only be spring related since its springs and springs alone that hold the weight of the car up. if a rear spring has cracked or worn out, then the car will have a lower ride height and negative camber will increase due to the lower ride height. bushings and shocks can contribute slightly, but id be looking at your springs first.

whitetiger I live in Canada and Haven't seen parts for my car come up on any classified near me for almost 2 years.

Noticed you're in Saskatchewan. Have you checked kijiji? I took a quick glance for there's a few Legacy's being parted out and even a set of 2005-2009 legacy tein coilovers for sale listed there. Another possibly is to get in touch with auto wreckers as well. I would confirm that there is something wrong with your springs before getting a replacement pair though

I have looked on kijiji. And I have already talked to the guy with the Tein Coils. taking it in for diagnosis before I buy anything. All the legacy's being parted out seem to be the base model which has a different suspension than the gt

I have looked on kijiji. And I have already talked to the guy with the Tein Coils. taking it in for diagnosis before I buy anything. All the legacy's being parted out seem to be the base model which has a different suspension than the gt

Someone will probably correct me if I'm wrong, but the normal Legacy's and the Legacy GT share the same suspension. The spec B has different suspension so there shouldn't be an issue getting a pair of springs from a 2.5i Legacy

i'd recommend checking the rear front trailing arm bushing. the rubber bushing will separate from the sleeve over time, and could put the knuckle on a tilt. if you notice that the rear of your car rocks side-to-side when you go over bumps, this is why. it's circled in red in this diagram.

B13_20101125.thumb.png.3bbd8d9b11f62429ee7cb52a544ef002.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived