LegacyGT.com

What coilovers do I get?

I have a 2005 Legacy 2.5i, and I'm looking for coilovers right now. I'm not too sure where to find good ones without breaking the bank, and I also don't want to cheap out on them, either. So they have to be between 500-900 dollars.

Any recommendations? Also looking for sway bar recommendations, as I might do those as well.

I have a 2005 Legacy 2.5i, and I'm looking for coilovers right now. I'm not too sure where to find good ones without breaking the bank, and I also don't want to cheap out on them, either. So they have to be between 500-900 dollars.

Any recommendations? Also looking for sway bar recommendations, as I might do those as well.

Koni Inserts + Good springs (H&R, Eibach, Swift, Etc) + Koni Shocks in the rear + a 22mm solid RSB + a Tribeca 25mm FSB + Good tires = Mean handling 2.5i.

You could shed weight (lighter wheels altho the 5 spokes are light enough) get that hp:lbs up:)

I have BC BR coilovers and they don't feel expensive but they feel okay and handle much better than the stock suspension. I've had them on for probably 20,000 miles.

You'll have to do something in order to have it aligned correctly too. You need a camber bolt or something (for the rear). Can't remember. I did adjustable control arms instead.

I have BC BR coilovers and they don't feel expensive but they feel okay and handle much better than the stock suspension. I've had them on for probably 20,000 miles.

You'll have to do something in order to have it aligned correctly too. You need a camber bolt or something (for the rear). Can't remember. I did adjustable control arms instead.

Also on BR. They're definitely firm but not bad at all, and the adjustability is really good. I just installed whiteline rear lateral links/control arms and got it aligned. Definitely the way to go. Already handles much better and it's good to know I can go lower and still have somewhat decent alignment.

Performance on the street, so it takes away body roll and stiffens the suspension a good bit. My current suspension is comparable to a trampoline.

Then the below is your answer for your budget.

Koni Inserts + Good springs (H&R, Eibach, Swift, Etc) + Koni Shocks in the rear + a 22mm solid RSB + a Tribeca 25mm FSB + Good tires = Mean handling 2.5i.

Also on BR. They're definitely firm but not bad at all, and the adjustability is really good. I just installed whiteline rear lateral links/control arms and got it aligned. Definitely the way to go. Already handles much better and it's good to know I can go lower and still have somewhat decent alignment.

One note about the adjustable rear lateral links (control arms) (I also run the Whitelines) is that it's a good idea torque it down pretty good and mark it with a paint marker. The paint mark should be checked visually once in a while to ensure that the nuts aren't backing themselves off thereby compromising your alignment.

That happened to me the first time around and I burned through my rear tires quick. Just heads up on a potential pitfall to avoid.

Archived