LegacyGT.com

What Spring rates are you running? Input needed ASAP!

I would like some advice on Spring rates for anyone running after market springs or Coilovers.

I'm getting ready to order a set of BC coilovers and I can call out what rates I get on them. Please let me know ASAP as the wife keeps bugging me to spend money on this project and well you know, Happy Wife, Happy Life! :lol: :lol: :spin: :spin:

The stock setup, off the shelf is something like 10kg/mm front and 8kg/mm for the rear. I'm thinking that these rate will be very stiff and not too much fun to drive on a daily basis.

Keep in mine that my car is a 3.6R with the big ole heavy engine up front.

Thanks all!

You probably want 4k (225lb) or 5k (280lb) on all 4 corners. Some coilover manufacturers specify 6k (340lb) for our cars which you definitely want if you track your car, otherwise the 4k or 5k will be good without being too stiff. Fred had 6k springs on his 3.6R with Tarmac0's and it was really good, but a lot of that was the excellent valving of those shocks.

And go with the same spring rate on all 4 corners, it will produce just a little oversteer on our cars which is perfect.

Archived