- Whiteline front and rear swaybars

- Kartboy front and rear end-links

- Whiteline Com C Top-Hats

- Whiteline Roll-Center Kit

- AVO Rear Stabilizer Mount Brace

- Aluminum front & rear Spec.B bits

Wheels/Brakes

- Grimmspeed Master Cylinder Brace

- Stop-Tech Street Axle Pack (Slotted rotors)

- Stop-Tech SS Lines (Pending Install)

- Summer: Enkei Raijin 18x8 w/Firehawk Indy 500s (225/40R18XL)

Cosmetic/Interior/Exterior

- Morimoto HID Retrofit Kit (Mini H1 7.0)

- Morimoto XB LED Fog Light Kit

- Bayson R Front Lip

- JDM Honeycomb Grille

- DAMD D-Shaped Wheel

- Grimmspeed Alternator Cover

- RalliTEK SSI Aluminum Skid Plate

- Diode Dynamics LEDs all around

09/2017: Engine failure (spun rod bearing) - YNANSB. Reputable engine builder did the following:

- IAG Stage 1+ Short Block

- IAG Air-Oil Separator (Street Series)

- IAG TGV Delete

- AEM Fuel Pump

- Injector Dynamics ID1050X Injectors

- Derale ATF Thermostat

- VF48 from an '18 STi

- Tuned for a little under 300WHP

Above mods were completed in early May. Break-in drive over the course of two weeks followed that. Car was dyno tuned 5/30/18.

Edited by amm203

It will be tuned for 93 octane. I'm a little nervous to make the jump to E85 considering the 5EAT. Some say it'll hold the power while others advise against it. Good news is if I want to make the jump I'm just a tune away.

Thanks!

08s come with top-feeds stock. That was one of the changes from pre-facelift to the newer BL/BPs so no conversion is necessary. TGVs are being done simply because the engine is out. I was on the fence about the injector upgrade but decided to just do it for ease of tuning and raising the ceiling so to speak.

I already have an added cooler for the 5EAT and unfortunately there are no VB upgrades for us AT owners with 07+ LGTs :spin:

Edited by amm203

Thanks!

08s come with top-feeds stock. That was one of the changes from pre-facelift to the newer BL/BPs so no conversion is necessary. TGVs are being done simply because the engine is out. I was on the fence about the injector upgrade but decided to just do it for ease of tuning and raising the ceiling so to speak.

I already have an added cooler for the 5EAT and unfortunately there are no VB upgrades for us AT owners with 07+ LGTs :spin:

you'd think with the increasing amount of 5EATs's to 5MTs post 07-today, one would think valve body upgrades would be viable, more viable to the few 05-06 5EAT's out there. :hide:

That being said, mine has quick, firm shifts after a Tune. Even in standard form they are nice and quick and don't hang. Not sure how they are on older models? I have no idea if that has anything to do with line pressures, tunes or....

I was impressed there was virtually no slippage between gear changes with spirited driving for over 10K miles with the VF52 setup. I can't comment on the older autos but the 08s are great autos to me. Shifts were firm and seemingly quick up until the engine failure. Now, that may all come crashing down in the next 10-20K miles but I'm still pleasantly surprised this tranny has lasted 100K miles while pushing added power for 40K of them. Edited by amm203

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Thanks fizzle! Besides whitetiger's suggestion, IPT is another option that I may look into when/if my 5EAT dies. I've also heard of a tuner that can do some nifty stuff with the 5EAT's TCU. I want to say he is called XRT Tuning but I have no personal experience with him. For now my 5EAT is holding up great with just the cooler/thermostat and bushing inserts as upgrades.

Quality varies wildly between Subaru shops in my area - the one I prefer noticed the service bulletin and reflashed for me without question when I mentioned the issue (hard shifts from 2nd to 3rd). ~$30 to get done. Check this out - https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/lgt-08-5eat-harsh-shift-2-3-185853.html

Maybe printing out that service bulletin and taking it with you will help!

Edited by amm203

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...
Thanks! Should have some exciting updates coming in the next few months - an IPT 5EAT w/custom TC (currently wrapped up on a pallet) goes in this spring. Depending on how that goes, a larger turbo may be in the cards for 2021. I'm hoping to get it closer to 350-400WHP once all is said and done.

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks Kaos! I ran two different sets of Raijins - 18x8.5 and 18x8 (currently on the car). Both wheels had no rubbing issues whatsoever on the Koni/H&R setup. No fender rolling was required. With 225/40R-18s on the 8" wide wheels, there's about a 1-1.5 finger gap between the tires and the fender. The 8.5s were a tiny bit closer given the slightly larger diameter tire that was on them. I prefer the 8s over the 8.5s mostly due to the fact that the 8s sit perfectly flush with the fender if you look at the car down the side. 8.5s just barely poked out but it wasn't bad. Edited by amm203

Thanks Kaos! I ran two different sets of Raijins - 18x8.5 and 18x8 (currently on the car). Both wheels had no rubbing issues whatsoever on the Koni/H&R setup. No fender rolling was required. With 225/40R-18s on the 8" wide wheels, there's about a 1-1.5 finger gap between the tires and the fender. The 8.5s were a tiny bit closer given the slightly larger diameter tire that was on them. I prefer the 8s over the 8.5s mostly due to the fact that the 8s sit perfectly flush with the fender if you look at the car down the side. 8.5s just barely poked out but it wasn't bad.

Thanks so much.

Looking at the 8" wide and running my 235/40s. I absolutely detest rubbing issues so I appreciate the input :)