LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 5th gen today?? -V4

Towed her to the shop. I got a pinhole leak in the hot side turbo coolant hose and overheated on the freeway.

I'm crossing my fingers that nothing else is damaged :/

I forgot to update this: Replaced the hose, topped off the coolant and tested it and everything is fine. My upper radiator hose was bulging so he recommended that I replace it very soon. I did that on Saturday since it's an easy five minute swap.

I forgot to update this: Replaced the hose, topped off the coolant and tested it and everything is fine. My upper radiator hose was bulging so he recommended that I replace it very soon. I did that on Saturday since it's an easy five minute swap.

Good to hear you dodge a bullet on that one!

Great advice. That was the problem. New cap and problem fix.

So correction. I thought this was the problem but it started to boil over again. Took it to my mechanic and it turned out to be the water coolant temp sensor. They also found worn out front lower control arms and worn out front sway bar links. $900 later we should be back on the road. My 2010 has 106K miles on it and my wife thinks I should sell it but I do like it so.

So correction. I thought this was the problem but it started to boil over again. Took it to my mechanic and it turned out to be the water coolant temp sensor. They also found worn out front lower control arms and worn out front sway bar links. $900 later we should be back on the road. My 2010 has 106K miles on it and my wife thinks I should sell it but I do like it so.

Other then that that repair you mentioned, have you put that much more money into your car?

Other then that that repair you mentioned, have you put that much more money into your car?

No it has been my daily driver and I put about 75 highway miles on it each day. Got another call from the mechanic and they had to replace the thermostat as well. So just a bunch of wear and tear items. I wish I had just done the thermostat, radiator cap, and water coolant temp sensor myself and saved a lot of money. They charge $140/hr labor and it adds up quick. So other than timing belt type work it has been a great car. Every time I act up my wife wants to sell me as well.:lol:

No it has been my daily driver and I put about 75 highway miles on it each day. Got another call from the mechanic and they had to replace the thermostat as well. So just a bunch of wear and tear items. I wish I had just done the thermostat, radiator cap, and water coolant temp sensor myself and saved a lot of money. They charge $140/hr labor and it adds up quick. So other than timing belt type work it has been a great car. Every time I act up my wife wants to sell me as well.:lol:

Yup I haven't had many issues either, other than wear and tear (like brake pads and such). I definently am gonna keep my '13 Legacy for as long as I can, until it's time to get rid of it.

Got a small burst of energy this afternoon so I put the car out in the driveway and swapped off my summer Michelins on OZ rims and put on the OEM wheels with my Nokian snow tires (WR G3's)

No sign of snow yet but it has sunny and cold for a week with a forecast for some "Moisture" coming next week....Better sooner than later ;)

r2iJQ3O.jpg

Edited by Scooby Fan

Just did a drain/fill of the 5EAT with Redline D4 ATF.

Is it my imagination or is shifting from P to gears smoother??

Anyway, will do 2 or 3 more to get most of the fluid to new.

I would have done it with Idemitsu or OE fluid but it's not available here, even from the dealer. They use Subaru ATF (non-HP).

Just did a drain/fill of the 5EAT with Redline D4 ATF.

Is it my imagination or is shifting from P to gears smoother??

Anyway, will do 2 or 3 more to get most of the fluid to new.

I would have done it with Idemitsu or OE fluid but it's not available here, even from the dealer. They use Subaru ATF (non-HP).

I use Amsoil signature series in our tribeca and it helped with a lot of the quirks, like the chatter on 2-3 shifts and clunk downshifting from 2-1 when slowing. So it is probably some good additives or cleaning agents in there.

I use Amsoil signature series in our tribeca and it helped with a lot of the quirks, like the chatter on 2-3 shifts and clunk downshifting from 2-1 when slowing. So it is probably some good additives or cleaning agents in there.

Good to hear it work for you!

I've heard the Signature Series works well with our 5EATs, and that IPT alegedly uses it as factory fill in their built 5EAT's.

No complaints with my trans thankfully, just refreshing the fluid in preparation for more power.

I did the initial drain/fill 5k miles ago with the last of my Idemitsu HP stash, and since I cant get any more at the moment I decided to try a premium fluid.

Good to hear it work for you!

I've heard the Signature Series works well with our 5EATs, and that IPT alegedly uses it as factory fill in their built 5EAT's.

No complaints with my trans thankfully, just refreshing the fluid in preparation for more power.

I did the initial drain/fill 5k miles ago with the last of my Idemitsu HP stash, and since I cant get any more at the moment I decided to try a premium fluid.

I had great luck with using Motul MultiATF in my FXT 4EAT, I did three 3 quart drain and fills, one every 10k miles, before I sold the car. I pretty much exclusively used it in manual mode and for sure the shifts got much firmer. It also got rid of the hunting and little slipping that the TC used to do before lockup while accelerating up onramps to freeway speed.

I also recently did a full 12 quart exchange with MultiATF in my GX470 which requires Toyota TWS compliance, removing the 150k mile factory fill. What a difference. That old fluid was spent. I now get better MPG and the TC doesn't hunt going up grades anymore, it locks up much better.

I had great luck with using Motul MultiATF in my FXT 4EAT, I did three 3 quart drain and fills, one every 10k miles, before I sold the car. I pretty much exclusively used it in manual mode and for sure the shifts got much firmer. It also got rid of the hunting and little slipping that the TC used to do before lockup while accelerating up onramps to freeway speed.

I also recently did a full 12 quart exchange with MultiATF in my GX470 which requires Toyota TWS compliance, removing the 150k mile factory fill. What a difference. That old fluid was spent. I now get better MPG and the TC doesn't hunt going up grades anymore, it locks up much better.

Thanks for sharing, good to see more proven fluid options for our cars, and interesting to note on the TWS spec, too!

The Motul is like 30% more expensive than Redline and Amsoil here though, sucks.

The roads were salted couple weeks ago, so I haven't been driving my Legacy GT. On Sunday, we had heavy rain all day which should have washed the salt away. My plan was to drive my Legacy GT yesterday but the roads were still wet, so I figured it would make a mess of my car (and with winter coming I don't have to many opportunities to wash my car) and today looked promising. This morning I went outside, the road was dry and the temp around freezing, so I drove my Legacy. I got out of my neighborhood and the road was wet and I quickly realized the road was salted. Oh WTF!? I turned around immediately and probably drove an 1/4 mile on the wet road in total. I grabbed my Outback and drove to work. I realized only that 1/2 mile section of road was wet, the rest of the road were dry and salt free.

The roads were salted couple weeks ago, so I haven't been driving my Legacy GT. On Sunday, we had heavy rain all day which should have washed the salt away. My plan was to drive my Legacy GT yesterday but the roads were still wet, so I figured it would make a mess of my car (and with winter coming I don't have to many opportunities to wash my car) and today looked promising. This morning I went outside, the road was dry and the temp around freezing, so I drove my Legacy. I got out of my neighborhood and the road was wet and I quickly realized the road was salted. Oh WTF!? I turned around immediately and probably drove an 1/4 mile on the wet road in total. I grabbed my Outback and drove to work. I realized only that 1/2 mile section of road was wet, the rest of the road were dry and salt free.

I would love to have this option. I guess it's a good thing that in KC our winters are warmer than when I was a kid, so less salting of the roads, and it seems to melt pretty quickly with the crazy temperature changes we get.

- Invidia downpipe installed (catted). What is the quietest aftermarket muffler option?

- Clutch damper deleted.

- Looking for good LED headlights. Getting tired of changing bulbs.

VLEDs for the low-beam. Easiest drop in installation possible, incredible performance, currently on 15% off Black Friday sale.

https://www.vleds.com/shop-products/led-headlights/h7-micro/micro-extreme-h7.html

Yesterday I took the grey lady out for a few runs up and down Hampshire and Morgan Counties in WV near our cabin. I had failed to get enough meat for hosting TG (first time ever that I could be accused of that particular infraction) so off I went to Farmer’s Daughter for beef and lamb. Some ridiculously fun roads out here. Annnnnnnd....clutch is slipping, particularly at or near WOT in 4th and 5th. Ugh. Edited by dudemonster

Decided it needed a new lower engine cover.

Ran over a chunk of wood on the highway on the way home. Thankfully this was the only casualty. It smacked the sway bar and the rear bolt on the cover. Also tapped the resonator, but it’s fine.

c398cc6498629f5984dcb3630dddad19.jpg804b54cf25dd7604febc4674b047019a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk