LegacyGT.com

wow, it's WET!

sde

this morning on the way to work on the 5 north, there was a giant rainbow over the freeway in front of me .. then it proceeded to pour so hard that i could hardly see. the lgt and its bfg tires handled great!

i even powered around a couple corners after i got off the freeway ( nothing too crazy ) and it didn't even slip.

i was driving back from vegas in my cuz' tsx and on the 15 south, it was raining so hard and it was so foggy that i could only see a foot in front of me. I couldn't even see the highway lines, the only thing i could follow was the passat in front of me. Scary stuff.

14" of melting snow at Idyllwild when we were there this afternoon and more starting to fall by the time we left tonight. I expect the Cuyamacas to the East of us to get a pretty good pelting tonight. And it's still raining like crazy out right now - the rain is doing a drum solo on the roof even as I type this.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• 2 weeks later...
Went to Pasadena today to meet my parents for lunch and probably saw about 10 accidents along the way. Single car spin-outs, multi-car pile-ups, couple overturned cars... just nuts. I was driving pretty conservatively, but my LGT plowed right through it all with no drama at all. I guess being on fairly grippy new tires doesn't hurt, as well as the AWD.

What the hell. In San Diego for business. This weather sucks. Can't wait to go back to Beantown. The women here are friendlier though, hehe.

Dang B2 why didn't you let us know you were in town. We could have gotten together or set something up.

SBT

CHP just set up a traffic break on the 94 West. Seems there was a pileup just a few minutes ago. Just went by a 3-4 car accident that had just happened this morning - couldn't stop to help as it was on the other side of the freeway.

While the rain is pouring, be wise and use all the common sense you can. This week it's only going to get worse as the main front of the next one (even larger) rolls in. Pineapple express is alive and well on the west coast and packing a wet punch.

Gonna go play hookie tomorrow and drive up to the snow. Just kidding, have to keep an eye on the property with all the rain on the slopes here.

SBT

Speaking of pileup--any of you guys remember the pileup about three years ago (2002) in Long Beach with about 200ish cars? It was because of heavy fog. The weird thing is that I went to a ski/snowboard expo closeby that day RIGHT after the pileup happened. My dad called because he saw it on the news, but luckily we missed it.
-ben

daaaamn, this is crazy. here is out front of my house:

http://milanointeractive.com/pics/rain1.jpg

Gotta love people with garages, $40K+ (?) outside in the rain , and $10 of junk piling up inside!

Funny thing is that my LGT is outside in the rain, while my fiancee Mazda6 and my old "project" Merkur XR4Ti are inside. I'd kick the Merkur outside, but since it doesn't run right now, I'd have a little trouble getting it back in there. :rolleyes:
You really need the 4 wheel dollies that allow you to run your car into the garage and then push it into a corner if you want. Or, shove it out onto the driveway apron so you can put something else in the garage. Jack up the car, drop the wheel on the dolly (same for the remaining three wheels) and you're good to go

Really worth the coinage for these items, especially if you have a project car that you can only work on infrequently. Something like this works really well and lasts a long time....http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=38959

SBT

Archived