LegacyGT.com

Wolfies Build

As some of you know I have been working on a motor build for my 06 OBXT L 5EAT "Wolfie". I plan on documenting the build here and also using this thread for questions I have, as they arise.

When I bought her she had 65k miles and was relatively stock with the exception of a few bolt on mods. I was originally planning on going monster truck and lifting her until I found this forum, I had been spending way too much time on outback.org. After about a year Wolfie went stage 2 and the fun began. Stage 2 lasted about a year and big surprise... cylinder 4 ring land failure. I had already purchased a short block and placed an order for a BorgWarner EFR series turbo with the intention of doing a higher power build but the failure forced my hand and the build was moved forward.

On to the nitty gritty.

Suspension and Brakes

Perrin f+r sways 22mm

Perrin hd front endlinks

Kartboy rear

Koni inserts with Epic springs

Willwood BBK 120-11136 up front, unknown rotors and pads

Lgt rears with DBA 4000 and hawk pads

Goodridge lines

Grimmspeed MCB

Whiteline KCA399, WO506, W53353, KCA334, KCA313 and some others in the rear, I cant remember which ones.

Spec b rear upper control arms

Wheels

BBS RGRs-714 wearing 225/45R-17 Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Positions - sold

16" black stealies with arctic force snows - sold

Craigslist specials 18x8.5+ 35 w/ 20mm spacers, 225/40-18 conti dw

Misc goodies

STI pedals - sold

STI door sills

STI Defi gauge pack

JDM rain guards

Thule cross bars, side arm bike racks (2 ) and fairing

Weathertech floor liners

Rallyarmor flaps

Diode dynamics s2 interior leds

JDM DD auto controls, yet to be installed

Now for the Goodness!!!

05 STi SB sleeved by Dan Benson w/ o-rings

ARP Case bolts / 1/2" head studs

Sti crank

CP pistons 99.5

Manley TT I beam rods

SuperTech dual valve springs w/ retainers and seats

Ported and polished heads with +1 mm valves

Kelford S2 cams

Killer B v2 oil pan/ windage tray and pickup

Grimmspeed ewg w/ turbosmart ultra 38mm wg 14lb springs

Forced Performance 76HTA ( not sure if it's a green or red lol) stock location

King rod / main bearings

STi 11 mm oil pump

ID 1000 top feed

IAG fuel rails and lines

Turbosmart FPR/ gauge

Omni power 4 bar Map sensor

Gm IAT sensor

400 lph fuel pump

Perrin AOS

Rotated Sti intake manifold

Motive auto works composite tgv deletes

Perrin coolant overflow can

Koyo rad race rad

Mishimoto 12" fans

Modified Invidia dp

Stock exhaust lol

Torque solutions motor mounts

Perrin cai w/ map block off plate

Mishimoto turbo inlet

Fmic, custom cold side piping

Turbosmart 50mm race port bov

Lots of custom bits

5mt swap w/ moore performance blast plates

South bend stage 3 endurance clutch with sb smfw

COBB v3 w/ sd tune by Ray of TurboTek Tuning

http://i1332.photobucket.com/albums/w609/Rester5350/Mobile%20Uploads/th_6bd3d659015363ebfb43d2e38aac899c_zpskdxkjaio.jpg

http://i1332.photobucket.com/albums/w609/Rester5350/Mobile%20Uploads/th_445F9833-7B1E-4D17-9580-341D1D588E10_zpsfeq7qbkv.jpg

http://i1332.photobucket.com/albums/w609/Rester5350/Mobile%20Uploads/th_image_zpspjwd4hji.jpeg

http://i1332.photobucket.com/albums/w609/Rester5350/Mobile%20Uploads/th_image_zpsoulkxvqe.jpeg

http://i1332.photobucket.com/albums/w609/Rester5350/Mobile%20Uploads/th_image_zpskldv1mkh.jpeg

Yes I plan on going with the fr rotated kit which I think will limit me to the sti intake manifold. I'm pretty sure they are the standard apr studs but I will have to check the box. As far as the boost is concerned I will see what the tuner thinks, I don't expect much over 28-30 psi

Yes I will be upgrading the 5eat. I picked up a built 06 LGT 5eat that probably wont work in my car, lgt fd is 3.29 and obxt fd is 3.54 . I was finally able to find a local shop that is willing to swap some parts over for me, transgo clutch packs, tg valve body, upped stall tc, trans cooler, center diff bushings, 07 R180 (3.54), spec b rear axles and we are still looking into front diff options. When Climber D comes out with the updated vb I will run that instead of the Transgo unit, but the tg should work for now. Do you have any suggestions or parts I may have over look ?

Thanks for the compliment, I agree it should be fun. the 6mt swap is a lot to bite off right now with everything else that's going on. I want to push the 5eat and see what it can handle, if it breaks I'll probably end up doing the swap.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
All of the machine work is pretty much finished, I have to order the full race plumbing kit and put it all back together. The same weekend my car broke down my wife got pregnant so my priorities and monies had to change direction. I still have a ton of small things that I'm working on :). Thanks for asking.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived