LegacyGT.com

Wiring for post facelift HID lamps

before i start the wiring for the lamps, wanted to check to see if anyone has done the wiring from 05-07 LGT to post facelift HID lamps? i have the signals done. i've done a search and couldn't find anything.

IMG_1480.jpg.9e1dbbacf691a266a3886cdce054f79e.jpg

They arent diffrent from pre-facelift. Split the turn signal into turn + corner marker signals. Split the 3-pin headlight harness into separate ballast +/- and highbeam. Run new wires out to the headlight levelers from your switch.

You might want to add a relay harness for the HID ballist, the USDM wiring is a bit small.

Also if you havent done it already, remove the green connector form the DRL module.

Edited by utc_pyro

They arent diffrent from pre-facelift. Split the turn signal into turn + corner marker signals. Split the 3-pin headlight harness into separate ballast +/- and highbeam. Run new wires out to the headlight levelers from your switch.

You might want to add a relay harness for the HID ballist, the USDM wiring is a bit small.

Also if you havent done it already, remove the green connector form the DRL module.

yep got the signals done and the high-beams.

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/drl-disable-10-minutes-2117.html

It’s not necessary. I run DRL’s on my facelift headlights. DRL’s run the high beams, halogen, so there shouldn’t be any issues.

got it. so i don't have to worry about DRLs because the work with the high-beams. good, i like the DRL's on these. i'll probably do LED bulbs. thanks wrx

Edited by 05MNLGT

?

Your stock DRL's are a PWM signal on the low beam. You need to disable that so you don't blow the ballast up. WRX USA started with an '09 witch from the factory already has the DRL as PWM on the high beams. You can actually rewire your DLR module to do this though.

The "DRL" you have in your diagram is the corner market light. You can repurpose this as a DRL if you wish though, I did this on my pre-faceligt lights. You just hook it up to something wired to IGG+ instead of the corner marker signal.

USDM has 3 wires. JDM has 6.

USDM also have different light cut-off from JDM, if you look for HID you have to use the European non-UK/non-Irish headlights.

The difference between driving on the left side from driving on the right side. And you may fail inspection or get ticketed if you have the wrong cut-off.

453747.png

Your stock DRL's are a PWM signal on the low beam. You need to disable that so you don't blow the ballast up. WRX USA started with an '09 witch from the factory already has the DRL as PWM on the high beams. You can actually rewire your DLR module to do this though.

The "DRL" you have in your diagram is the corner market light. You can repurpose this as a DRL if you wish though, I did this on my pre-faceligt lights. You just hook it up to something wired to IGG+ instead of the corner marker signal.

correct, my lgt is a 05.

- how do you rewire the DLR module?

- what did you wire your DRL's too? IGG+? i'm wiring dumb.

i've updated the diagram. does it look correct? i did notice one of the red/green wires on the jdm plug has a silver dashes.

1229337492_FullSizeRcopy.jpg.988f44a7694c6172c8c6eef87912d641.jpg

i have the self leveling module box. is it stand alone or does it go to a control module?

It's controlled by ether a self leveling module, or just the level switch. 12V+

"Tailight & Illumination", GND, and a position PWM signal that's kind of like RC plane servos use.

To rig up the self leveling you have to install sensors front and rear plus the control module. More authentic S402, but a huge pain.

good. it sounds like a stupid project. awesome.

yes i have the jdm module controller with the power close mirror and manual lamp leveling dial. i wired the power mirrors last year. talk about pain!

It's controlled by ether a self leveling module, or just the level switch. 12V+

"Tailight & Illumination", GND, and a position PWM signal that's kind of like RC plane servos use.

To rig up the self leveling you have to install sensors front and rear plus the control module. More authentic S402, but a huge pain.

crap. sensors too? isn't the auto leveling module that sits in the engine bay the leveler?

crap. sensors too? isn't the auto leveling module that sits in the engine bay the leveler?

There are four parts.

The actuators on the lights just go X distance for x PWM signal. This maps to angle, the same way that adjusting the lights work.

The level dial generates a PWM signal corosponding to the number. You can wire this directly, or to the leveling control modules (later/higher trim cars).

There is the leveling control module. It compares the desired level from the switch with the detected level of the car via the suspention sensors. I then sends a PWM signal to the actuators in the lights.

Then you have the suspention level sensors. That’s why the JDM arms have the funny tab that isn’t used in our cars. These sensors hook up there and tell the control module the relative angle of the body by comparing the front and rear sensors.

Edited by utc_pyro

It can be done separately, but it makes aligning the headlights a huge pain.

What you can do is wire it to use the leveling knob for now, but have a junction box where you’d later mount the leveling controler. Then just put the controller in at the junction point after you put the sensors in place.

Here are the aforementioned sensors on the suspension.

http://static.opposedforces.com/epc_img/566495183510.png

http://opposedforces.com/parts/legacy/en_b13/type_36/electronic/electrical_parts_body/illustration_4/

In stock at Partsouq.com:

https://partsouq.com/en/search/all?q=84021AG000

https://partsouq.com/en/search/all?q=84031AG000

Is this the module you are referencing? (#21 in pic)

http://static.opposedforces.com/epc_img/566495184003.png

http://opposedforces.com/parts/legacy/en_b13/type_36/electronic/head_lamp/illustration_3/

Edited by WRX USA

It can be done separately, but it makes aligning the headlights a huge pain.

What you can do is wire it to use the leveling knob for now, but have a junction box where you’d later mount the leveling controler. Then just put the controller in at the junction point after you put the sensors in place.

exactly my thoughts. i'm going to mount the box and will come back to it. this will be towards the bottom of the list. i need to finish the interior. still have black and tan and it's driving me nuts.

what bulb V is used for the DRL? 158/168/194? i'm going to do LED for it. that shouldn't be an issue, right?

going to rewire the smaller JDM signal wires to the DRL. that should bypass any issues.