LegacyGT.com

Wife looking at 06 Tribeca B9 with 90K

Comments? Bad experiences? Love /hate it?

$9000-body and interior is mint but P0447 Evap code set and needs brakes (no big deal), tires are new, 7 passenger (right-if you have 2" diameter legs for rear seats).

Any and all info appreciated. :)

2012+ 3.6r outback would be my choice. The Tribecas are just ugly and I'm not a huge fan of the interior.

I'm guessing the evap code is just the solenoid or charcoal canister? I have shad tree mechaniced a fuel filter inline with a new solenoid so you don't have to clean all the charcoal lines out in the past. But I'm sure you are more versed then I.

Dont get me wrong , its a great truck and i have yet to get one with a real problem in my shop. The transmissions are bullet proof and it gots the passing power if your wife has a heavy foot/passive aggression.

I bought an auto be more involved in my uninvolvedness . 200k+ Club

If you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

My high mileage turd.

Try and see if you can get a '08 instead? I just got an '08 Tribeca in black about 7 months ago and i could not think what a slow poak that 3 L was to move that car around.. I'm pretty impressed with the 3.6L and how it can move around.. Only thing that bothers me vs my legacy is the DBW control is much slower.. and the traction control can be a little too aggressive.

It has a way of if it senses (without flashing the light on the dash) It will cut the power and slowly roll it back on. Happened once when pulling out of the car wash and I guess it was a slick spot.. cut the power right when I had traffic coming up on me.

I love the 5EAT I gotta say I love the way it shifts.

I'm not a fan of the 06, but if you like it, then get it. I have a limited 2008 7 seater and I love our Tribeca. My little kids fit in the back. And even compared to the new subbies, the tribecas have the best interior. The engine is great but the early 06 need premium. Tribecas are great. It's their gas mileage that is the Achilles heal.

The engine is great but the early 06 need premium.

The more I deal with Subaru's the more I'm convinced they all need race gas.

A friend's 3.0R Legacy, bone stock, knocks like crazy with even 93 gas. My '12 2.5i knocks a ton with 87, 93 has been finish until I started snow driving, I have 5 counts of knock at higher RPM/lower load on even 93 gas!

On the other hand my turbo Subarus are fairly happy with 93 gas with much less knock then those other two NA cars.

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

Believe it or not, but alot of mid sized to compact suvs/ crossover looking things do come premium only. But the wife wants what the wife wants .

My high mileage turd.

I don't mind it cars being premium only, I mind "87 friendly" cars knocking to hell on 87.

I understand why they do this though, you need timing to get torque, run more timing and bam your undersized motor now feels pretty good. My NA outback is much torquer under 2k rpm in the city then the Legacy. IN my driving I spend 90% of my city miles under 2k rpm too.

22 Ascent STOCK

I don't mind it cars being premium only, I mind "87 friendly" cars knocking to hell on 87.

I understand why they do this though, you need timing to get torque, run more timing and bam your undersized motor now feels pretty good. My NA outback is much torquer under 2k rpm in the city then the Legacy. IN my driving I spend 90% of my city miles under 2k rpm too.

Dont they lean it out to get better mpgs?

My high mileage turd.

i have never had my 3.0r knock on regular gas.

I wonder if they use the same tune as USDM up there, gas difference could be the reason for this too.

What are you using to monitor knock?

Just cause you haven't heard it, doesn't mean it's not happening...

This, by the time you hear it it's already doing major damage. 5 logged knock counts at once wont be heard, but it will kill an engine over time.

I have never driven under 2k rpm on a regular basis :lol:

My average speed is 19mph going to work, I do a lot of 30mph (~1700rpm in 4th), and 40mph (about the same in 5th)

Dont they lean it out to get better mpgs?

Just looked at a couple mile highway log, average AFR was 14.75, so not lean at all, lean is bad for catalytic converts, so you wont really find lean cars in America nowdays.

22 Ascent STOCK

Archived