LegacyGT.com

White smoke

I have white smoke or steam coming out of my tail pipe when the engine is warm. It's about 20 degrees out, but it doesn't seem to go away even after 30 mins of highway driving. Car is an 06 lgt 5mt at stage 2 running a tuning alliance tune. No check engine lights. Coolant levels seem to be ok. Car is not overheating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brought to you by Pfizer

I have white smoke or steam coming out of my tail pipe when the engine is warm. It's about 20 degrees out, but it doesn't seem to go away even after 30 mins of highway driving. Car is an 06 lgt 5mt at stage 2 running a tuning alliance tune. No check engine lights. Coolant levels seem to be ok. Car is not overheating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could be a sign of early turbo failure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Could be a sign of early turbo failure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Agree....stop now and fix it before catastrophic engine failure as well as an upgraded oil supply

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Pulled downpipe and checked for shaft play, there is none at all. Car has 82k miles on it. Banjos were removed at 50k. Also no whining sound from the turbo. It uses about 1 quart of oil per 3k miles oil change. I'm currently using Rotella T6.

Brought to you by Pfizer

Shaft play wont dictate a problem with turbo seals, could be oil leaking there, or just condensation like Max said. Hard to tell without seeing it.

As for oil, run Motul X Clean 5w40 instead ! This is what Mike runs for his subaru.

-Brian

Contact us for all your tuning and performance parts needs! Etuning the legacy community since 2008!

Follow us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok I'll try that oil. Thanks Brian.

I think it was condensation due to it having stopped. It only happened when the car was warm, right after it put gas in it. I drove home from work for 30 minutes and checked again and there was nothing else coming out.

Brought to you by Pfizer

I will say that after installing my downpipe and 3" mid-pipe, my exhaust will pump out vapor 100% of the time in temps less than ~40°. It's always done it, and never been a problem. If all your fluid levels are remaining constant, and the car isn't behaving weird, chalk it up to moisture. There's a lot of vaporized hydrogen molecules coming out of the exhaust this time of year and their energy levels will decrease as they bond with oxygen molecules in low ambient temps, causing them to precipitate(i.e.- make white vapor).

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

Archived