LegacyGT.com

Whats the typical cost for mounting & balancing tires 4 tires?

2010Legacy

Also including TPMS transfer from stock whees/tire, valve stems etc...

Local Discount tire guy quoted me $104 for mounting/blalancing + $5.50x4 rebuild kit per valve stems = Total: $126 + tax.

I thought it would be around $70. :confused:

What do you guys pay in your area?

Around $10-20 a corner. I just had my summer wheels balanced and it came to $32.xx for road force balancing.

I just pulled the weights off my stockers to paint my winter setup graphite and I expect balancing to run the same.

I only have one set of wheels for my wife's outback and it normally is less than $50 each fall/spring to have the other set of tires mounted and balanced. I do need to get a new set of wheels... It'll be cheaper in the long run!

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

Around $10-20 a corner. I just had my summer wheels balanced and it came to $32.xx for road force balancing.

I just pulled the weights off my stockers to paint my winter setup graphite and I expect balancing to run the same.

I only have one set of wheels for my wife's outback and it normally is less than $50 each fall/spring to have the other set of tires mounted and balanced. I do need to get a new set of wheels... It'll be cheaper in the long run!

$32 to do a real road-force balance?

The one shop here that has a real Road-Force machine charges $60/tire for M&B. Double that for oversized vehicles (RV's and stuff)

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

The one shop here that has a real Road-Force machine charges $60/tire for M&B. Double that for oversized vehicles (RV's and stuff)

Thats what they told me. The place is listed on the hunter website. They quoted me $40, but only billed me $32.xx

My local mechanic that does not use roadforce charges me $40 to mount and balance all 4 wheels.

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

$100 where I'm at is cheap. $130-$150 is standard.

Damn that's expensive. I once got a place to do $40 bucks for all 4, unmount tires, then mount and balance 4 tires onto a different set of rims.

Is Road Force necessary for brand new set of wheels (18x8) and tires (235/45/18)?

Thats what they told me. The place is listed on the hunter website. They quoted me $40, but only billed me $32.xx

My local mechanic that does not use roadforce charges me $40 to mount and balance all 4 wheels.

When I had a RF balance done 2 years ago, it was $60 for 4 wheels.

the place i go if you get new tires balance and mounting is free. i dont know about tpms transfer tho.

like another member said dont go to name shops they charge for everything, but then again they might give better warranty compared to a small shop.

• 3 weeks later...
pepsboy charged me 60 for all 4... i was surprise

$40-60 would be typical in the Buffalo area and that's a nothing fancy balancing.

Joel

Yeah. Usually most places charge around $15 a wheel/tire for just a regular mount and balance (not RFB).

I've found that as you go cheaper, your rims are much more likely to get scratched, they'll use cheap valve stems (I've had 2 cheap valve stems fail on me), they'll pay less attention to precision balancing and then putting the wheel with the least balancing requirement on the front (if you can rotate), and they'll pay less attention to inflating to the proper PSI during installation.

I've found that the $25/corner seems to be the sweet spot. Quality balancing, no rim marks, good quality weights that STICK to your wheel, good valve stems, proper inflating, and I've even seen a few takes a few minutes afterwards to clean the markings off the wheel afterward (i.e. brake dust that was smudged around, tire-fluids that dripped onto the wheel face, etc.)

I have not yet paid for a hunter road force balancing. This is all traditional stuff.

Just had them mounted and balanced for $25/corner, a total of $106.xx over at my local ETD. Not bad at all! Although I regret not asking if I can have metal valve stems instead of the rubber. It's a little harder to take tire pressure readings now :spin:

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

• 4 years later...
Added new Cooper tires and Monroe struts to the Legacy. Aligned and balanced but got strongest vibes at 75-80mph. It smooths out under 75 or over 80, as felt through seat and steering. Went back to shop and repeated align and balance but vibe still there. Don't want to pay for balancing again but what choice do I have? Road Force balance available at another nearby shop (recommended/referred by original shop). Shop-keepers know each other so there's a possible price break. Going in on the balancing a third time with fingers crossed. Looking ahead, what else should be considered for causes?

Archived