LegacyGT.com

Vehicle Speed Sensor Help

05Boost

Finally just got my trans back and installed. Started the car and Im getting a check engine light, err55 on the dash, abs lights on, and cruise control lights flashing.

The code is for vehicle speed sensor. 2 clips on the transmission had broke but they still clipped on and we had put some electrical grease.

Any ideas on what we could check to get this thing running 100% again?

that's a common one to get when spinning wheel(s) in snow/mud, but i'm not exactly positive what (mechanical sequence) sets it off.

sounds like a dumb question, but: did the code come up just after you started the car, or after driving? perhaps the car was 'tested' while still on the lift?

perhaps if you reset the ecu (batt disconnect) after the install/since the code started, it will not return.

after a VSS code activation, if all is sound (i.e., a good road and good car mechanically), a simple reset should clear it pretty quickly.

good luck.

Ok that didn't work. I also am noticing that I can't go higher than 4k rpms. Any reason why I shouldn't be able to do that? The code I'm getting is p0500 and I have reset and erased the code but it keeps comming back

If it's a simple vehicle speed sensor fault, I've gotten this code from spinning on wet asphalt and on snow. Both my Cobb AP and my OBDII scanner are able to successfully reset the code. I got the scanner at Advance Auto and they could reset the code for you if you don't have an AP.

With the other dash lights you are mentioning, it sounds like it could also be one of those harness connectors. The OBDII scanner I mentioned from Advance was able to read trans fault codes and help me find my problem...here's my previous thread with some service manual info that could help if you can get that code:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98446&highlight=IPT

nope its the c0104 code. did the white wire connect and now im trying to figure out how to get the speed sensor unhooked.

I have an obd2 scanner and it was giving p0500 but everytime i erased it it came back.

ok so problem. I took out the sensor but i guess it had a crack in it and when i took it out the bottom part is still connected in the hole. What can i use to get down there to get that out. Tweesers dont have enough clamping force. Needle nose pliers are too thick to get on the edge to pull out.

ok so pretty sure its fixed. Got the new one it codes erased and took for a spin. Although abs light came back on when i took it for a spin, couldnt help myself with the 3inchs of snow thats freshly on the ground.

Hooked up the obd2 scanner and came back no codes, as well as when i put the white connectors on couldnt get it to read anything. so guess the abs will go off by tomorrow

ok got another problem. Drive the car for about 3 minutes and the abs comes back on. Code C0105 and c0108.

I havent even touched the rear wheel at all so im not sure why thats going off. But thoes codes are for abnormal readings. Would this have anything to do with the front hlsd i just installed in the trans?

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone have any updates to this issue? My 06 GT is doing the same thing after replacement of pass frt wheel speed sensor that was damaged. I also have my abs pulsating on light brake application when the lights are off. Not sure if it has anything to do with it or not but I did replace all 4 brakes at the same time the sensor was replaced.

Archived