LegacyGT.com

Valve body replaced!!

aktorides

Hi,

I recently bought a new valve body for my 2008 JDM Legacy GT spec-B from U.S.It replaced the old one that had a blown speed sensor 2 where I was getting P1710 cel code.Problem fixed but not 100%.Under light acceleration around 1500rpm car vibrates a bit on gear change 3rd 4th 5th.As i was told from my mechanic the valve body I Bought from U.S reads in miles than in KM. Is that correct or maybe theres something else wrong with the car.

Any help will much be appreciate!!

They have a TSB on this issue. It has to do with the torque converter. Below is part of TSB.

Applicability:

2008~09MY Legacy/Outback 2.5L Turbo, 5AT and 3.0L, 5AT

2008~09MY Tribeca 3.6L, 5AT

Subject:

5AT Torque Converter Shudder/Vibration

Introduction

If you encounter a vehicle that has a shudder/vibration which could be felt in 3rd, 4th and 5th gear during slight acceleration, it may be caused by the transmission torque converter during lockup operation. A countermeasure was made to the final machining process of the sliding surface for the lock up clutch to provide more stabilization and eliminate the shudder/vibration.

Thanks for the reply but torque converter is not the case. We have already make some tests on that and everything seems fine. The problem started as soon as we replaced the valve body. Another thing is in a cold start-up with gear on P, rpm are around 1600 but before was 2000.Is this normal or shall we consider looking for something else!!!

On gear change 3rd 4th 5th if I have a cruise speed let say 70km rpm drops around 1400 to 1500.Is this normal because to accelerate without having any vibration rpm must be more than 2000

• 3 years later...
Hi,

I recently bought a new valve body for my 2008 JDM Legacy GT spec-B from U.S.It replaced the old one that had a blown speed sensor 2 where I was getting P1710 cel code.Problem fixed but not 100%.Under light acceleration around 1500rpm car vibrates a bit on gear change 3rd 4th 5th.As i was told from my mechanic the valve body I Bought from U.S reads in miles than in KM. Is that correct or maybe theres something else wrong with the car.

Any help will much be appreciate!!

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. Just wanted to link to a fix in case someone stumbles across this post.

If you have the p1710 code, it is due to "torque converter turbine 2 speed signal circuit malfunction". This is a small HALL effect sensor bolted onto the back of the valve body in the 5eat. In the '08 and up cars it can be replaced individually without needing to replace the entire valve body.

I found the fix on subaruoutback forums here: https://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/109-gen-3-2005-2009/499945-repair-p1710-hard-shifts-5eat.html

The thread also has a couple of links where you can buy the sensor which is about $100 and looks identical to the stock sensor. There is also a DIY-type fix posted with a generic HALL efect sensor you can get from Amazon.

Hope this helps someone.

• 1 month later...
Hi guys I'm Looking for a 65 or 66 c4 valve body with a "c5ap" casting number. I really only need the the upper casting with the valves. Anyone have one they would like to part with?

Thanks Rick

As in a Ford valve body? This is a Subaru forum bud. Just thinking a few things here...

-start your own wanted ad in the proper section as you will get better response

-check Ford based sites (corral.net)

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Archived