LegacyGT.com

V-LEDS V-STAR Brake light install on an LGT Wagon

dv8ingvector

Ok, it been a while sense I have really contributed...So here is my latest addition to the car. I bought the new V-LEDS V-STAR 7443 bulbs for the brake lights. My brother has had the Screates for a while and although really cool! I was not ready to take that kind of jump. So I thought I would give these bulbs a try. I had bought my blinkers from them so I knew it would be a quality product and at $70, it was a gamble I was willing to make. And boy am I glad I did! They are brighter then both the Screate and the stock bulbs, with out question. So if you are looking for LED brakes with out compromising brightness or remortgaging the house; these are the ones four you!

I also replaced the side markers with "RED SMT 9 LED LIGHT BULBS" and mach the brake perfectly.

As far as installation goes. I found it easier to put the bulb in the housing first. I used a small blade type screw driver to help compress the arms on the bulb to fit in the hole. Then being careful not to let the bulb spring into the housing, I plugged them in: making sure the polarity was correct before remounting the fixture.

In my opinion they are brighter in every way but 90 degrees to the side. They my be very slightly dimmer then stock? That said, you cant even see the Screates from that angel and the led side markers make up for it.

The only other oddity I now have is when the car is off and the hazards are on the side brake lights and side markers now blink. It doesn't bother me any but I thought I should mention it. I may be able to adjust the rheostat I have installed in my blinker module to fix it, but it was just to cold outside....yes a have a rheostat attached to the blinker module in place of resisters on the bulbs to fix the rapid blink issue associated with having led blinkers...but there will be more on that, in a how to thread when I put one in my brother car.

So thanks again for fixing the tittle, and here are the pix. I will try and take better ones when it is not 16 degrees out lol. I will also try and get a shot of the Screates for comparison.

bulb.thumb.jpg.c30dd339b498e68032253cb99ea8ffa7.jpg

3qtr.thumb.jpg.4977e5afddedb2a73ebb3383d682c7c2.jpg

profile.thumb.jpg.c764a7b0c3da35acfb1736b0a748c7ad.jpg

rear.thumb.jpg.d4f616f13d21956c828fdc9cd48b8971.jpg

I finally had a chance to pull it apart again. It turned out the bulbs just needed to be reseated.

However this did bring an other concern to light. Taking these bulbs back out of the housing with out braking anything is not going to be easy with out help. So be sure to test all the lamps functions before mounting them in the fixture if you decide to go this wrought.

Archived