LegacyGT.com

Update on the Third Gen B4 RS25

I've driven 4,570 miles so far and looking forward to the 5K mark on my first Subaru. The temps have been reasonably good ever since the head gasket job I did earlier this year. I could still use another OEM Thermostat and Radiator though. My needle likes to dance a lot.

Outside of that, I've noticed a knocking noise coming from my front passenger brake area which will be addressed over the weekend.

O'Reilly stock brake rotors and pads are doing well, a little soft at times but that's just because I've been playing too much Gran Turismo Sport at home. I'd like a little bit stiffer suspension and wider tires for a more "planted" feel in the corners.

I'm uncovering new search terms still to this day so the build I have is going to actually start moving in the direction of a USDM-RSK Clone if I could just solidify a few more aspects.

I'm not sure if I'll be doing a 5-speed swap before or after I source another EJ block but both will happen in year 2 of the build for sure.

Other than that I'm just continuing my research and looking for a better job that involves working with cars at events like photography or something along those lines, something I actually enjoy. My job right now is crap and it's holding up the build.

Anyway, that's all for now LeggyFam!!!

PSX_20180409_221056.thumb.jpg.a299004347663f765fe9b4f0383192e1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

In my quest for progression I finally found another job playing the role of chef homeboy-ar-dee. I won't be able to source any parts for a moment due to the transition and finances and (possible relocation).

What I have done is decided on some Grimmspeed Intake spacers along with the radiator and thermostat swap I have planned.

Hopefully I can get some 215's and some tint on the Leggy before Subiefest in October.

Otherwise she's running just fine. Super hot during the day riding on the freeway in 100°+ weather (199°-212°) and just peachy at night (182°-196°). I checked the Zerex Asian red coolant last night around 10pm and the level is right where I left it at the beginning of March, no flakes or discoloration. The reservoir was right at half which felt amazing compared to the constant overflow before.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived