LegacyGT.com

Tsudo UEL on 05 2.5i

Ok guys. I want to try and get some things cleared up. After all the digging and searching I am starting to get confused. If anyone can clear this up for me it would be much appreciated. I saw somewhere that the Tsudo UEL headers will bolt right up to an 05 without further modification. These headers to be exact:

http://www.semotors.com/tsudo-1997-05-subaru-impreza-legacy-forester-outback-2-5rs-ej-uel-headers/

Anyone know if that is the case? If it comes down to it I will have an exhaust shop do some fabrication but if I can get these (or similar) headers, wrap them, and install them, I would do it in a heartbeat. Any thoughts on these?

I want to pair it up with a CBE as well. What am I looking at for options here? I read that an axle back exhaust would mate right up without issue but I would like to do the full system. I will want to keep a high flow cat installed for emissions purposes most likely.

If I could get some help clearing this up that would be great. Thanks guys!

Awesome. GEE-OTTO I was hoping you would chime in here. I have been seeing you on the threads I have searched through and seems like you've been able to help quite a few people.

Can you offer up any insight on a DP and CBE that would mate up with these Tsudo headers? Or am I looking at an axle back with some custom piping?

You can go with a CBE but most are 3" as they are built for the LGTs and will be very loud on your car. No need for custom piping either I would go with a set of muffler first have them welded on to the stock muffler elbows if that is too tame replace the stock resonator with a bottle style resonator.

Also you dont have a DP so need to worry about that :)

Thanks again GEE-OTTO. So if I went with a CBE, could I just buy one that is for an LGT and it would mate up? Or is there a CBE that I can buy that will mate up? Just considering my options.

I thought about getting the Nameless axle back with the Tsudo UEL headers as a start. Nameless offers muffler options for the axle back.

http://shop.namelessperformance.com/2005-2009-legacy-gt-axleback-exhaust/

For the 05 2.5i you will need to do these steps to make any LGT CBE fit:

2.5i Flange Mod

This is due to the 05 2.5i sharing the same layout as the 98-04 Legacy

As far as Axleback like you have pictured they simply bolt on in place of your stock mufflers (2 x 14mm bolts per muffler)

Good to know. Thank you good sir. I'll probably look for a 2.5" CBE if they are available and do the flange mod.

Or I will go with the axleback option and have them weld in mufflers and just bolt it all right up.

Well what I meant was Nameless has a couple muffler configuration options to be included in the purchase. I would have to get clarification but when I bought a system like this a few years ago for my Scion tC the mufflers were pre-welded so it was still a bolt on system. Not sure if that's what they would be doing here.

I have read that some people say there is a slight drop in power if you go with UEL. But whether or not that has any data to back it up I don't know. I couldn't imagine if you did that it would be much of a difference and I wouldn't expect it to be really noticeable.

• 5 years later...
Yes you have a 05 Legacy which is unlike the 06-2010 exhaust wise. You can use any of the Borla Replica/Borla style UEL headers. Those you have referenced are nice.

Can anyone post a part number, or link to one of these borla style uel headers?

Can I use one of the ebay ones that are sold for the 2.5 N/A imprezas?

Like this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/291126165332

• 3 weeks later...