LegacyGT.com

TSK3 Kit and release bearing question

jproy12

Alright, so I was wondering, on the TSK3 kit for our cars, it comes with a sleeve and release bearing that has a spring attached to it, is it useful?

The reason is because, on our cars, they dont have a springs with the release bearing, do they?

At least I dont see anything from the vacation pics and no springs when I took out the tranny!

So what is the spring for?

Thanks

JP

my kit didnt have a spring with it. the insturctions only say to clean off the snout of the trans, if its burred sand it down so the sleeve fits smoothly over the snout. then install snout all the way on until its flush with the case so that the screw holes are perpendicular to where the case splits. the screws should be horizontal. then apply locktite to screws and tighten them til they are tight. dont over tighten them or you will warp the sleeve. after thats done just apply grease to the snout and inside the grove of the bearing and reassemble the bearing back on the clutch fork

• 4 weeks later...
^ he's right about the install instructions but I wanted to clarify after doing the ;'07 LGT SMFW and Exedy OEM replacement clutch with the TSK3 kit...

DO NOT USE THE CLIP ON THE TSK3 KIT'S THROWOUT BEARING!!!!!!

Ask me how I know....%$#*!

I'm pretty sure I know how you know....

But out of curiosity what happened when you did? What was the result?

Archived