LegacyGT.com

Trip to my local dealer/service center (windshield crack, studder, c/cntrl surge)

First I would like to say that what follows is a GOOD story.

The issues:

1. I, like so many of you, have been experiencing the 2-3k "studdering" under medium throttle. No need to go into any further detail here.
  2. Recently I have noticed that under cruise control, my car wants to surge. The consensus here on LGT is that it relates to the fly-by-wire throttle trying to keep the car EXACTLY at the right speed. This, however, can be quite jarring and uneven at highway speed.
  3. My windshield had developed a serious crack through the heater element, from A-piller to A-piller. The strange thing is that there are 2 star shaped impact points underneath the tip of each winshield washer blade. Both points look like they start from the inside and come out.
  4. My passenger rear trim piece on the theshold of the door (silver insert - for decor only). Popped out several months back.

Now, I have been waiting for awhile to get all these problem addressed at once. The windshield in particular, I wanted to be around to be able to talk to whomever I needed to should there be any disagreement. This last Wednesday I took my beloved 2005 Legacy LGT wagon in and dropped her off for her first service call. I was expecting a bit of resistence or confusion about the windshield and the ECU problems - like so many here have so I was ready for anything...

...anything, but a totally straightforward and competent service call! When I dropped the car off I showed the service writer the windshield and reiterated the ECU problems directly to him (I had had a chance to talk to the actual service tech last Sat. through one of the only sales people I have ever met that actually gives a darn). He suggested that I give the tech a ride to see if I could duplicate the issues and I was totally game, but his tech told him he was pretty sure he already knew what was going on. SHOCKER! Sure enough, a few hours later I get a call from the service writer who tells me that not only did were they able to update the ECU for the studder fix and cruise surging, that the windshield was being covered under warrenty and was already on order.

I was floored. I have never had that level of service in my life. The professonalism, courtesy, and care shown by the entire staff was excellent. My car is running better than it has since I got it, with the cruise surging all but gone and the studder greatly reduced. My windshield and trim piece will llikely be here this coming week. Why did I post this? It just seems that there are far to few good stories to share and I thought it was only right to give a little praise to those that have earned it.

Do you think it would be appropriate/ok to list this particular dealer by name? I know at least one person out there that is a member of LGT already, so I don't want to get anyone in trouble or speak out of line.

If not, I will be happy to respond via PM to anyone that cares.

Have a good one...

Archived