LegacyGT.com

Tribeca swaybar on Legacy GT 05-09 problem

honeybunch2222

Hi there, I have seen in other thread that tribeca swaybar fit on Legacy 05-09 and many other model. I decided to try out but after I have install it, it seem to not fit at all. The swaybar is longer and touch the control arm end link brace. See the pictures. Sone have a idea what I not done correctly. Someone has pictures?60bcb3e0c8bf104839d939e8493ae348.jpgeffec4cbdafe70a68f0a4afa8cefb18b.jpg8522897202ad22afca9540fe4c24095f.jpg

Envoyé de mon SM-A705W en utilisant Tapatalk

Ok, little progress but problem not solve, man fitting these swaybar is pain. I find the right way to place it, but I have a other problem. The endlink is sooooo tight. Im not sure of they will resist the pressure. And one side of the bar touch the crossmember, I will try to install some spacer. But not sure if the swaybar move on bump. What do you think about it?00bcee1d9efa5ad611875e97e8d00601.jpgb287748885bb248582cb55f6984c3c99.jpgce5478798481ab8642662bb3bfe4cf7c.jpg

Envoyé de mon SM-A705W en utilisant Tapatalk

swaybars are best installed with vehicle weight on the tires, especially if you are using solid end links.

also a super thick swaybar isn't going to fix what ever issue it is you think you have. You can have too much swaybar unlike cow bell (

) Edited by boxkita

The reason you're having a problem is because you're putting a part on your car that's not meant to be there. The crossmember will hit as many have remarked in the past when fitting this part on our cars.

The Whiteline sway bars are much better suited for our cars. Bigger does not always mean better, just FYI. You want to also do sway bars after you've done struts/springs/coilovers to determine what kind of sway bar suits your car.

It doesn't fit the 4th gen legacy gt. It might fit other models. That's what the other thread said.

what model/year is your car?

still curious why you'd put this on, vs a well developed aftermarket solution. Thicker swaybar doesn't equate better handling.

Actually they didn't and sounds like he ran into the same issue you did.

Womp womp.... Went to install the tribeca sway bar last night and it doesn't fit my OBXT. Turbo cross member causes it to hit when I try to install it with the curve of the sway bar going over the tie rods. If I try to install it with the curve going under the tie rods, the sway bar hit the a arm end link mounts.