LegacyGT.com

Is there a difference between an 05, 06 or 07 LGT?

07+ also has fold down rear seats, which is a big plus in my book. 07+ HU offers Aux in and Mp3 capability. Those differences plus VF46 (seems to be more reliable than VF40) and catless UP make the 07' the year to get IMO.

Personally I prefer the front end of the 05-07 v.s. the 08+, though I think the stock tail lights on the 08-09' look much better than the 05-07's.

An 07' Spec B would be my dream legacy (realistically speaking).

Personally I prefer the front end of the 05-07 v.s. the 08+, though I think the stock tail lights on the 08-09' look much better than the 05-07's.

Interesting! I'm the complete opposite: I think the '08-'09 front end looks higher class, but I greatly prefer the '05-'07 taillights. Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks. :)

Pretty sure the '07's have the top feed injectors; those came with the airpump, VF46, and other engine changes.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

07+ also has fold down rear seats, which is a big plus in my book. 07+ hu offers aux in and mp3 capability. Those differences plus vf46 (seems to be more reliable than vf40) and catless up make the 07' the year to get imo.

Personally i prefer the front end of the 05-07 v.s. The 08+, though i think the stock tail lights on the 08-09' look much better than the 05-07's.

An 07' spec b would be my dream legacy (realistically speaking).

QFT

I was eyeing on a 07 DGM LGT with about 40k on it for 18k....then my 05 SWP LGT came along for half that price...

njwrestler, how'd you know I wanted to ask this question?

Noob, here, so apologies in advance. I'm looking at the same year-range.

I like the fold-down rear seat in the 07, but is SI-drive a boon or a bust?

I also understand the the final drive ratio changed for 07 in an attempt to improve gas mileage. Noticeable or not?

I don't know what vf46 or CANBUS are. I suppose these are covered in the glossary thread.

Vf46 is the turbo that comes in the car....not sure what canbus is...

I think the most I've seen mpg wise was 18 city but got 27 mpg highway once...haven't seen that again though...most of my driving is city with the occassional highway trip thrown in.

I really like the Si drive...u can really feel the difference between the 2 modes...

I think the seat mounting positions r different...as in u can't put 07 seats in a 05/06 and vice versa...but don't ur need to know that lol..

That's bout all I got lol

Personally, I like the SI drive thing. Its kind of a gimmick, but its nice, especially if you're getting an auto. For the automatic, SI drive also re-maps the shift points, which is very nice for daily driving.

Here's how I use SI drive.

I: Warm-up, driving in heavy traffic

S: Normal driving

S#: When you want to have fun

At worst, you can always just leave the car in "S" mode, and it should be nearly equivalent to an 05/06.

x2 snub nose/snort bumper = euro bmw/merc/audi. Rears with chrome later? :vomit:

I *almost* pulled the trigger on this look earlier this year. I rear-ended another car, not too bad, but ended up needing a new bumper, hood, grille, and two new headlights. So I thought about updating to the '08-'09 look. But I would have had to buy both new fenders and the new foglights out-of-pocket, and I couldn't justify that cash outlay, on top of my damn deductible. :redface:

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

Personally, I like the SI drive thing. Its kind of a gimmick, but its nice, especially if you're getting an auto. For the automatic, SI drive also re-maps the shift points, which is very nice for daily driving.

Here's how I use SI drive.

I: Warm-up, driving in heavy traffic

S: Normal driving

S#: When you want to have fun

At worst, you can always just leave the car in "S" mode, and it should be nearly equivalent to an 05/06.

I use the S# for stop and go traffic because I and S doesn't give you a quick enough response and leaves a gap between you and the car in front of you thus other people pull into your lane.

On a side note, is it just me or do you guys also feel that you need to be in front all the cars on the road?

• 10 years later...
I currently have an 05 Legacy GT Limited AT, I’m wondering what it would take to do an 05 Legacy GT Limited conversion to an 09 Legacy GT Limited AT or MT . Yeah I know I should’ve just bought an 09 Legacy GT Limited but I’m in a bind with money.

Oh yeah, I have a 9 Drive electronic throttle controller AKA a version of the pedal commander and that little device wakes your car up, talk about insane in a good way in my opinion. You put your toe on the gas pedal with a very little bit pressure and WOW.

Can you explain a bit more about the 9 Drive? I'm not familiar with this and if you have a link, please post it in my IDEA sticky above. If this is a cool upgrade, I'm sure a lot of people would like to know more about it too.

Here's my 2 cents.....

07 had top feed injectors. Many look to swap their side feed for top feeds.

SI Drive was fun in sport mode

Fold down seats opened the entire trunk for long items. I once filled the back with cabinets from IKEA.

Lastly, I have an 07 DGM which I'm parting out. Please see my post in Member to Member Classified, Full part outs.

Can you explain a bit more about the 9 Drive? I'm not familiar with this and if you have a link, please post it in my IDEA sticky above. If this is a cool upgrade, I'm sure a lot of people would like to know more about it too.

A protune will give you the same thing.