LegacyGT.com

Thanks to everone, and I picked up my 2005 LGT Ltd Wagon tonight

Thanks to everone who chimed in on the two threads I started and to everyone else for making this site such a great resource. This evening I picked up my 2005 Legacy GT Limited Wagon (black). I drove it home on the few miles of winding road (just north of San Francisco) I'm so used to driving in my newly-departed Volvo 850 Turbo Wagon and, just as one person here said, there's no comparison in the handling. The LGT also has a more comfortable ride. Tomorrow is a 50-mile each way drive including some 75-80 mph cruising on a very scenic freeway (south of San Francisco), Saturday up north a bit into the wine country to enjoy the car and learn more about it.

Well, to be honest stock handling of LGT, especially on stock rubber is pretty crapy.

First: get better tires

Second: upgrade suspension - at minium rear sway bar(s), then better dampers/springs

Thanks, and you're probably right, but right now the car is so new (to me) and better handling than what I'm used to that I'm going to get used to the car first before I think about doing any mods.

Well, to be honest stock handling of LGT, especially on stock rubber is pretty crapy.

First: get better tires

Second: upgrade suspension - at minium rear sway bar(s), then better dampers/springs

Handling means different things to different people in terms of ride and cornering ability. As odd as this may sound I like the "handling" of my 05 LGT on stock tires/suspension better than my 04 WRX on stock tires/suspension. The WRX though does feel more fun and sporting to drive but I prefer the LGT over it anyday.

Handling means different things to different people in terms of ride and cornering ability. As odd as this may sound I like the "handling" of my 05 LGT on stock tires/suspension better than my 04 WRX on stock tires/suspension. The WRX though does feel more fun and sporting to drive but I prefer the LGT over it anyday.
I'm curious what it is about the handling of the stock LGT that you prefer over the handling of the WRX.

I like the way the LGT handles without sways. I had a FWD car before this and this car destroys it. Not everyone is going to autocross there car. So stock handling on these cars IMHO is great for the street. If you want really really good handling then get all the suspension stuff. but to me its not worth the money for a daily driving car that will never see the track.

Let the man bask in his new car glory! He can worry about the RE-92s later.

Yeah, let him enjoy....

Don't you remember the first three days you drove your LGT and the car had crispy-handling and then somewhere around the 4th day the handling all went to shit???

Just let the man enjoy his new car.....

Archived