LegacyGT.com

TGV sensor

So all the write up's I've been seeing is install it face up to the hood and rotate 90 degrees clockwise.. Well playing with the rotation on the new sensor in front of me I can't do it that way it's has to be in the 6'oclock position then rotated counter-clockwise.. I wonder if this is going to be a issue?

I'm wondering if that direction is stand in front of the car or from the passenger seat side... Wouldn't the passenger side be the reverse ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

The passenger side rear sensor connector is facing the passenger side bumper I can't install my sensor that way. Every site I see talks about the preloading it by having it in the 12'oclock position and turning it to the right 90 degrees..

I'm not even going to have time to do anything today maybe just the brake lines.. by the time I go pick her up it's going to take at least 2 hours for the car to cool down it's going to be too dark by then.

I know what your saying, I've read that too. I have pictured doing that in my mind, but I have never had to install one.

Can you get a picture to show why you can't do that ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

I know what your saying, I've read that too. I have pictured doing that in my mind, but I have never had to install one.

Can you get a picture to show why you can't do that ?

I can make a video of it in a few to show what I mean

I’ve done this twice. Once when I broke the connector and once when I smoked and found a leak there. You do point the connector up and then twist toward the passenger side. The shaft from the butterfly valve faces 1:00 at the top when viewed with the windshield behind your head. You will feel resistance as you twist it. Be cautious as the screws tend disappear when you drop them so put a rag underneath to catch them.

I'm thinking ebay, may have been the problem. Do the numbers on the sensor match the ones on the old one ?

I thought I found where a new one was cheap. I think I put a post in JmP's sticky about various parts about 15 months ago. or was it longer ago than that.

That’s what I’m using.. the TGV only rotates 90 degrees right? So I’m not sure which way is open and closed but assuming.. if you turn the car off after a drive the TGV should be In the open position? So pre tension the TPS I have 180 degrees then turn it 90 degrees counter clockwise and it’s the same just reverse.

But someone still could have put the wrong part into that bag.

What are the numbers on the TPS ?

Dose the old one have any numbers on it ?

Just checked NAPA.

https://www.napaonline.com/en/search?text=TPS&referer=search_form-savedveh

Good Luck buddy.

I did a few things on the both cars today myself. So nice outside now the heat wave is gone.

Be careful working on the car with that ring on your finger. If it gets caught, you could hurt yourself. I don't wear anything on my fingers and arms, for safety reasons.

Be careful working on the car with that ring on your finger. If it gets caught, you could hurt yourself. I don't wear anything on my fingers and arms, for safety reasons.

Normally I wear gloves sometimes I take them off because I can't turn a bolt well with them on.. wife wasn't too happen when I took off the ring but when she saw how dirty my hands was and then me using the hand cleaner she changed her mind. :lol:

If you tell her OSHA say's its not safe, may be she'll cut you some slack. You can put it back on after your cleaned. Just don't forget...LOL

If you tell her OSHA say's its not safe, may be she'll cut you some slack. You can put it back on after your cleaned. Just don't forget...LOL

LOL I forgot one day I had just finished up rushing to clean my hands and pick her up she saw I was missing it.. oooh boy lol

Do you happen to know the size of the bolts holding the sensor on? from the size looks like 8mm?

*edit

Found out it's 7mm.. I don't know if a socket will fit in well for the lower one mostly..

Archived