LegacyGT.com

Test driving the Legacy XT today..

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I took delivery of a 2020 XT Touring on 11/22. I am coming from a 2016 legacy limited 2.5. Let me tell you that all of my needs from the last generation have been solved:

Cooled seats

Heated steering wheel

Auto fold mirrors

Dual exhaust

Turbo

The infotainment system is cool but here are my complaints about the system itself and the center console-

System: with apple play loaded, it only uses half of the top screen and the bottom half stays on audio options such as selecting bluetooth, FM, AM, etc. so it’s basically a blank screen on the bottom half as I use spotify 100% of the time.

Console: The space underneath the infotainment has an aux cable and 2 usb ports with a little cubby for your crap. The usb ports are a PITA to access and I find myself needing to move the shifter to drive to have more space. The cubby is essentially pointless unless you’re storing something you do not need.

Other comments: I upgraded my Starlink package for $75 for 3 years (I am leasing) and that gives me remote start with no maximum distance as it’s all worked thru the MySubaru app. The app allows me to auto start with a delay or not and I can control temperature, driver and passenger heated seats, fan speed, front and rear defrost, and fan placement (head and feet, feet, etc). The beauty of this new rangeless autostart is that the car does not shut off when you get in. You simply depress the brake and press the ignition and you are ready to go. But you are essentially taking the car out of the auto-stop shutoff, so you don’t hear a crank or anything.

Overall this car is such a better model than the 6th gen and I am super stoked to have one of the first XT Touring’s in IL.

I have a magnetite gray exterior with the sierra tan nappa leather. It looks great together and makes this car really feel a lot more luxurious.

Congrats, Da Roo. Exciting!

I was hoping we could display something of use under the CarPlay area. If you're using Bluetooth / Spotify, doesn't that display in that lower half?

My delivery is scheduled for "January", but I don't have more exact date yet. So in the meantime, I'll live vicariously through you :)

The size of carplay is a common complaint, however I don't think it's one that Subaru has any control over, I think both Carplay and Android auto are both fixed to specific aspect ratios to get them to work.

See this reference as to why carplay can't fill the screen

https://developer.apple.com/design/human-interface-guidelines/carplay/visual-design/layout/

Edited by gibjer

'20 Legacy XT Touring

13 Subarus and counting: http://jmaigroup.com/subarus/

Indeed. And I'm okay with that, as long as we can share the vertical space with something useful in the lower half, such as Bluetooth / Spotify. I was thinking I saw that somewhere, that it was possible.

The spotify stuff is like a strip on the top screen above the car play while google maps is in use. I don’t know how to get anything to show on the bottom half. Not sure how to bluetooth while CarPlay is on since the phone is plugged in.